Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi. I have a mail merge letter asking for the recipients to respond by a certain date - in 14 days time for aguments sake. How can i get Word to calculate a future date automatically though? I have today's date and all the names and addresses inserted automatically....i am missing this one final piece though!

I have found other strings on the topic, but they have attachements that i don't seem to be able to open.

Many thanks,
    Alastair

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Alastair' post='761830' date='26-Feb-09 14:55'][/quote]
    There is an attachment in Post 249902 which I have just downloaded successfully. This should have the information you need.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Alastair

Have you had a look at Post 365442

Alternatively, if you are using Excel as your merge source, could you not do the calculation in the source worksheet?
    Jerry

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks - these are the two i found. It must be my work's over zelous firewalls getting in the way of the downloads...i'll fine a way around that though!

I am merging from an access database - originally my thought was to hold dates within the table of addresses and merge them like any other field. Can't figure out how to get a date into a table though without using a drop down list in each and every line in the table.

I'll see if i can download these two posts and take it from there.

Cheers!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Alastair' post='761883' date='26-Feb-09 18:43']Can't figure out how to get a date into a table though without using a drop down list in each and every line in the table.[/quote]
    Sorry, I don't understand - what do you mean by that?