Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    A friend of mine is looking for an alternative to Delicious. I am not familiar with this online service at all, however. So, I am hoping someone here knows what this is all about, etc. Here's his question and request as give to me:

I really don't need all the whistles and bells that delicious has, and I especially don't need the frustration of having to sign in every time I want to tag a site even though I'm already signed in. (See the forums; it's a common problem with delicious.)

So I'm looking for something simple and easy-to-use that will allow me to save and retrieve bookmarks "in the cloud." I don't care about being able to see how many other users have saved that same site or it's rank among users. In fact I don't even need to upload my IE favorites.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Thanks
    [quote name='Pilgrim' post='761917' date='26-Feb-09 10:52']A friend of mine is looking for an alternative to Delicious. I am not familiar with this online service at all, however. So, I am hoping someone here knows what this is all about, etc. Here's his question and request as give to me:[/quote]
    I don't use bookmark sharing sites, but I can see the benefit of having bookmarks in a centralized location for ready access. I suppose the key question is what level of sorting is required. Anyone can load up a wiki page, or a blog, or a guestbook, or another tool to easily slap data onto the web. If it needs to be sortable, taggable, or otherwise logically arranged, then those tools might be a bit crude... there must be something out there.