Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Could someone tell me why some pages are missing/skip from my table of contents and how to fix it? Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Wordnewby65' post='762168' date='27-Feb-09 14:00'][/quote]
    It depends on the way you have set up the table of contents - does it use Heading styles, or outline levels, or TC fields? It would help if you posted a document that shows the problem.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It does use Heading 1. I'm unable to send an attachment since that report is large..60 pages. I need to find a way for TOC to differentiate between pages. It almost like Word thinks page 9 and 10 are the same page. When I click on one of the headings it takes me to the bottom of the previous page.

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could make a copy of the document and remove almost everything from the document except a few Heading 1 paragraphs and the TOC, and attach this copy.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Please see attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Now you have removed too much - the document contains only a TOC but not the heading paragraphs that the TOC refers to...

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    More than likely, the manual page break has the heading 1 style applied to it. To check this out, show formatting characters (click the symbol) and if you haven't already, add the Style(style gallery classic) to your QAT. If it is, change the style to normal or whatever style your body text level is.

Note that if the page break indicator is short and ends with , just changing the style is all you need to do. If it spans the page width and does not end in a , first type a return at the beginning to the first line on the next page. Word will add the return to the page break line. This is new, and welcome, behavior in W2007.
    Pam Caswell

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all. I was able to fix my problem by placing the cursor on the header of the missing page, select page layout/breaks/page and then update. Thanks again