Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure If this a Word or an Excel issue.

I'm trying to copy a graph/chart from Excel and paste special with paste link/Microsoft excel spreadsheet object. After the 4th graph it only will only allow me to paste the previous graph and not the current graph. What's up with that??

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    That sounds like a resources problem. Try closing all other applications than Word and Excel while copying the charts; perhaps restarting your PC will help too.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Hans.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried what you suggested. If I just paste then I get the curent graph but if I paste special then I get the previous graph...ughhh..this is killing me. I need the graph to be linked. Is this a user issue or Word?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It's definitely not normal behavior. I just tested it, and I can paste special lots of different charts as links into Word. I don't know what could cause the behavior that you describe. Have you made absolutely sure that you've copied the correct chart in Excel?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, it is the right graph. It works for the other graphs. This is driving me to drink Never the less, thank you for your time. I'll just delete that graph and start over.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Wordnewby65' post='762200' date='27-Feb-09 14:44']I tried what you suggested. If I just paste then I get the curent graph but if I paste special then I get the previous graph...ughhh..this is killing me. I need the graph to be linked. Is this a user issue or Word?[/quote]
    So what happens if you PASTE the chart into Word, then CUT it from Word and finally use Paste Special?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='762246' date='27-Feb-09 17:20']So what happens if you PASTE the chart into Word, then CUT it from Word and finally use Paste Special?[/quote]
    Would that preserve the link to the original Excel workbook? I doubt it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='762259' date='27-Feb-09 16:29']Would that preserve the link to the original Excel workbook? I doubt it.[/quote]
    No, but it might be interesting to see the result