4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Edited by HansV to remove CodeBox which caused the post to be extremely wide.

Using Access 2000 format in Access 2003

On a form, frmMembers based on tblMembers, I want to set up 2 option buttons. One to show current members...let's call it optAll. The other to show removed members...let's call it optRemoved.

So for the OnClick event for the optAll button I try to enter

SELECT tblMembers.MemberID, tblMembers.LastName, tblMembers.FirstName, tblMembers.MiddleName, tblMembers.PreferredName, tblMembers.Partner, tblMembers.DateOfBirth, tblMembers.WeddingAnniversary, tblMembers.Address, tblMembers.Address2, tblMembers.City, tblMembers.Province, tblMembers.PostalCode, tblMembers.HomePhone, tblMembers.HomeEmail, tblMembers.Notes, tblMembers.Occupation, tblMembers.BusinessAddress, tblMembers.BusinessPostalCode, tblMembers.BusinessCity, tblMembers.BusinessProvince, tblMembers.BusinessName, tblMembers.BusinessPhone, tblMembers.BusinessFax, tblMembers.BusinessEmail, tblMembers.Status, tblMembers.YearJoined, tblMembers.Sponsor, tblMembers.HowJoined, tblMembers.TransferFrom, tblMembers.YearsInFormerClub, tblMembers.TransferTo, tblMembers.TransferDate, tblMembers.ResignedDate, tblMembers.DeceasedDate, tblMembers.PerfectAttendance, tblMembers.HighestOffice, tblMembers.LegionofHonour, tblMembers.LegionOfHonourYear, tblMembers.LastPerfectAttendance, tblMembers.PerfTill, tblMembers.Updated, tblMembers.UseForEmail, tblMembers.MembershipID, tblMembers.LOADate, tblMembers.ReinstateDate
    FROM tblMembers;

However, what I get is
    Me.Me.RecordSource = ""
    SELECT tblMembers.MemberID, tblMembers.LastName, tblMembers.FirstName, tblMembers.MiddleName, tblMembers.PreferredName, tblMembers.Partner, tblMembers.DateOfBirth, tblMembers.WeddingAnniversary, tblMembers.Address, tblMembers.Address2, tblMembers.City, tblMembers.Province, tblMembers.PostalCode, tblMembers.HomePhone, tblMembers.HomeEmail, tblMembers.Notes, tblMembers.Occupation, tblMembers.BusinessAddress, tblMembers.BusinessPostalCode, tblMembers.BusinessCity, tblMembers.BusinessProvince, tblMembers.BusinessName, tblMembers.BusinessPhone, tblMembers.BusinessFax, tblMembers.BusinessEmail, tblMembers.Status, tblMembers.YearJoined, tblMembers.Sponsor, tblMembers.HowJoined, tblMembers.TransferFrom, tblMembers.YearsInFormerClub, tblMembers.TransferTo, tblMembers.TransferDate, tblMembers.ResignedDate, tblMembers.DeceasedDate, tblMembers.PerfectAttendance, tblMembers.HighestOffice, tblMembers.LegionofHonour, tblMembers.LegionOfHonourYear, tblMembers.LastPerfectAttendance, tblMembers.PerfTill, tblMembers.Updated, tblMembers.UseForEmail, tblMembers.MembershipID, tblMembers.LOADate, tblMembers.ReinstateDate
    FROM tblMembers;"

And it won't allow me to put anything in between the quotation marks. It also won't allow me to enter anything prior to the word "Select." It just beeps.

I tried rebooting the computer. No difference.

I'm puzzled.

Tom

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='THWatson' post='762315' date='27-Feb-09 21:04'][/quote]
    Your line is too long. You should not use such long lines.
    Split your line like this :
    Code:
    strSQL = "SELECT tblMembers.MemberID, tblMembers.LastName, tblMembers.FirstName, " & _
    			  "tblMembers.MiddleName, tblMembers.PreferredName, tblMembers.Partner, " & _ 
    Francois

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Francois. I appreciate the reply.

I finally figured that out.

By the way, no e-mail reply came from you. I wonder if that part isn't working yet. I ticked the box to have a reply sent.

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='THWatson' post='762340' date='27-Feb-09 23:37']By the way, no e-mail reply came from you. I wonder if that part isn't working yet. I ticked the box to have a reply sent.[/quote]
    Take a look at My Threads