4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am not sure if this is the correct forum, so please accept my apology in advance.

In order to run SQL Server 2005, I upgraded from Windows Vista Premium to Ultimate last weekend.

Today I needed to modify an Access report that had been formatted for B4 page size (250mm 353 mm / 9.8 in 13.9 in). That paper size is no where to be found in the list of paper sizes. AND the report looks terrible.

Is there a way to add paper sizes? FYI - My default printer is CutePDF, but I have the same list of papers for ALL my printers.

Thank you in advance for your ideas.

Ken

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    What happens if you specify a "real" printer in the page setup for the report?
    - Can you select B4?
    - Does the report look better in preview?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='762367' date='27-Feb-09 20:33']What happens if you specify a "real" printer in the page setup for the report?
    - Can you select B4?
    - Does the report look better in preview?[/quote]
    Hans,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. The page sizes offered are the same for all printers, I had loaded (CutePDF, Adobe PDF, Fax and Microsoft XPS Document Writer). I added an HP Photosmart, and it did give me a different group of page sizes from which to pick. I'll try adding some other printers until I can get one that offers the B4.

It is certainly odd that I had B4 as an option with Vista Premium, but not Ultimate. So I guess this really isn't an Access questions.

Thanks again.

Ken

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='kwvh' post='762369' date='27-Feb-09 20:42']Hans,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. The page sizes offered are the same for all printers, I had loaded (CutePDF, Adobe PDF, Fax and Microsoft XPS Document Writer). I added an HP Photosmart, and it did give me a different group of page sizes from which to pick. I'll try adding some other printers until I can get one that offers the B4.

It is certainly odd that I had B4 as an option with Vista Premium, but not Ultimate. So I guess this really isn't an Access questions.

Thanks again.

Ken[/quote]
    Hans,

I added a Gestetner printer which has the B4 paper size. However, my pdf printers do not. So I have had to design the report showing the a "specific" printer. At print time I go ahead and send it to PDF and it looks ok.

Is there any rational or logical reason the pdf printers no longer support the B series of papers in Ultimate, yet did in Premier?

Thanks for your consideration.

Ken

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='kwvh' post='762372' date='28-Feb-09 04:01']Is there any rational or logical reason the pdf printers no longer support the B series of papers in Ultimate, yet did in Premier?[/quote]
    I don't see any reason why Ultimate vs Premium should make a difference. But I don't have Vista myself.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='762392' date='28-Feb-2009 05:06']I don't see any reason why Ultimate vs Premium should make a difference. But I don't have Vista myself.[/quote]
    I wish I didn't have it either. Unfortunately the PC came with it, so I am stuck.

Thanks for your consideration.