Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BB Code List

Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='762559' date='28-Feb-2009 19:08']I hope this is the sort of list people may be able to use. I intend to put the gifs with the links and update the page but I wanted to be sure I was doing it the proper way. Feedback will be appreciated.

[attachment=82524:Smilies.doc][/quote]
    I think people will really appreciate your list because these are not integrated into the drop-down. I added in the images for you. (The DOC file is in the ZIP because it was quite large.)
    [attachment=82528:Smilies_...images_2.pdf] [attachment=82527:Smilies_...images_2.zip]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    All these are good stuff!

Has anyone come across the "required space", usually ?
    And is there any practical use for the SQL tag by anyone other than Board Admins?
    BATcher

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='762569' date='01-Mar-2009 09:49']All these are good stuff!

Has anyone come across the "required space", usually ?
    And is there any practical use for the SQL tag by anyone other than Board Admins?[/quote]
    The 'tab' tag inserts 4 non-breaking spaces, and the 'code' and 'codebox' tags display spaces as entered by the user. Adding a separate tag for a non-breaking space seems overkill, especially since all tags must be of the form [tag]...[/tag].

Some tags such as those for tables have been added by the Admins, but most, including the SQL tag, are built into IP.Board and can't be modified or hidden.

Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='762486' date='28-Feb-2009 20:29']Does anyone know of a CONDENSED, printable list of BB Codes?[/quote]
    I don't see anyone pointing out the common keyboard short-cuts - select the text then:
    Cntrl + B for Bold
    Cntrl + U for Underlined
    Cntrl + I for Italic

These can be used together - e.g. Bold and Underlined - but make sure you keep the tags in order [u ] then [b ] ... then ... [/b ] then [/u ]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='762587' date='01-Mar-2009 06:47'][/quote]
    I have a question about the old tag for [t] from the old Lounge, Leif. I would have sworn it was discussed somewhere here since the transition but I haven't perfected my search skills enough yet to find it.

What do you suggest we use (or required to use) in order to include a demonstration of something in a post? Last night I was experimenting with the "code" tag but somehow that doesn't seem right. Thanks for a tip.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='762564' date='01-Mar-2009 00:56'] I added in the images for you.[/quote]

Jefferson! The addition of gifs helps identify each entry!

I wanted to add a note regarding how I insert smilies. I've copied/pasted my favorite smilie code in "My personal notepad" in on my control panel page. Then I can grab it from there when I am in a hurry. I found I only needed to put one in, because it doesn't take but a second to change the name of the smilie that I want. I remember my favorites easily! The list will help me most when I want to pull up something a bit different depending on the circumstances!

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='762593' date='01-Mar-2009 13:33'] Jefferson! The addition of gifs helps identify each entry![/quote]
    And , skitterbug!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have put together the code for the gifs for the flags that we have available. There are now four flags that I have noted at the bottom of the document that were part of the Flag set in our old Lounge, that do not seem to be available now.

BTW - if you find any typing errors in any of the items that I've worked on, please let me know. I've checked these over many times but..............!

Added information: I took John's suggestion and applied it to both of the files. I liked the change very much because it made the data easier to read!

Thanks NotQuite! So Another Edit: Corrected British Columbia map. I had a copy of Brazil's map in the wrong spot! Sorry for my error! Hopefully, the rest are correct.

[attachment=82548:Flags.pdf]
    [attachment=82547:Flags.doc.zip]

Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='762616' date='01-Mar-2009 18:29'] BTW - if you find any typing errors in any of the items that I've worked on, please let me know. I've checked these over many times but..............![/quote]
    Personally I find those flags run together too much, so I would add something like 3 pts above and below on each line, which should separate them (Table -> Select -> Table then Format -> Paragraph -> Spacing -> Before 3 pts and After 3 pts...)
    BATcher

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='762633' date='01-Mar-2009 14:44']Personally I find those flags run together too much, so I would add something like 3 pts above and below on each line, which should separate them (Table -> Select -> Table then Format -> Paragraph -> Spacing -> Before 3 pts and After 3 pts...)[/quote]
    John! Good suggestion and it's been put to use!

Thanks
    Edited by Bigaldoc to repair the Skitterbug quote which wasn't "closed."

[quote name='skitterbug' post='762616' date='01-Mar-2009 13:29']I have put together the code for the gifs for the flags that we have available. There are three flags that I have noted at the bottom of the document that were part of the Flag set in our old Lounge, that do not seem to be available now.[/quote]
    I think that your BritColumbia flag is incorrect. Unfortunately I am not at home and can't provide a correct version. However if you check my signature line I think it has a small, but readable copy.
    Regards,

NotQuite, Not So Damp In Lotus Land

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I implemented the [t]...[/t] tag while we were testing the new Lounge, but it interfered with editing posts containing tags, so I removed it (until we hopefully find a solution).
    One way to post tags as literal text within a post is to use code ... /code tags; another is to format the tag and end tag as bold, italic, or whatever you like:

[url]www.wopr.com[/url]

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='NotQuite' post='762653' date='01-Mar-2009 16:36']Edited by Bigaldoc to repair the Skitterbug quote which wasn't "closed."

I think that your BritColumbia flag is incorrect. Unfortunately I am not at home and can't provide a correct version. However if you check my signature line I think it has a small, but readable copy.[/quote]

You are right! Thanks! You know your own flag! I goofed! I have corrected copies uploaded now!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='762587' date='01-Mar-2009 13:47']I don't see anyone pointing out the common keyboard short-cuts - select the text then:
    Cntrl + B for Bold
    Cntrl + U for Underlined
    Cntrl + I for Italic[/quote]
    And I don't see a post with me saying thank you for mentioning that.

I should have done so at the time, but lost track of the post.

Thank you.

Thanks
    [quote name='Argus' post='778804' date='08-Jun-2009 17:33']And I don't see a post with me saying thank you for mentioning that. [/quote]
    Probably the time difference [attachment=84188:laugh.gif]

(Noooo problem!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast