Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BB Code List

Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='762559' date='28-Feb-2009 19:08']I hope this is the sort of list people may be able to use. I intend to put the gifs with the links and update the page but I wanted to be sure I was doing it the proper way. Feedback will be appreciated.

[attachment=82524:Smilies.doc][/quote]
    I think people will really appreciate your list because these are not integrated into the drop-down. I added in the images for you. (The DOC file is in the ZIP because it was quite large.)
    [attachment=82528:Smilies_...images_2.pdf] [attachment=82527:Smilies_...images_2.zip]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    All these are good stuff!

Has anyone come across the "required space", usually ?
    And is there any practical use for the SQL tag by anyone other than Board Admins?
    BATcher

If it wasn't for the weather, Great Britain would be a silent nation.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='762569' date='01-Mar-2009 09:49']All these are good stuff!

Has anyone come across the "required space", usually ?
    And is there any practical use for the SQL tag by anyone other than Board Admins?[/quote]
    The 'tab' tag inserts 4 non-breaking spaces, and the 'code' and 'codebox' tags display spaces as entered by the user. Adding a separate tag for a non-breaking space seems overkill, especially since all tags must be of the form [tag]...[/tag].

Some tags such as those for tables have been added by the Admins, but most, including the SQL tag, are built into IP.Board and can't be modified or hidden.

Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='762486' date='28-Feb-2009 20:29']Does anyone know of a CONDENSED, printable list of BB Codes?[/quote]
    I don't see anyone pointing out the common keyboard short-cuts - select the text then:
    Cntrl + B for Bold
    Cntrl + U for Underlined
    Cntrl + I for Italic

These can be used together - e.g. Bold and Underlined - but make sure you keep the tags in order [u ] then [b ] ... then ... [/b ] then [/u ]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='762587' date='01-Mar-2009 06:47'][/quote]
    I have a question about the old tag for [t] from the old Lounge, Leif. I would have sworn it was discussed somewhere here since the transition but I haven't perfected my search skills enough yet to find it.

What do you suggest we use (or required to use) in order to include a demonstration of something in a post? Last night I was experimenting with the "code" tag but somehow that doesn't seem right. Thanks for a tip.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='762564' date='01-Mar-2009 00:56'] I added in the images for you.[/quote]

Jefferson! The addition of gifs helps identify each entry!

I wanted to add a note regarding how I insert smilies. I've copied/pasted my favorite smilie code in "My personal notepad" in on my control panel page. Then I can grab it from there when I am in a hurry. I found I only needed to put one in, because it doesn't take but a second to change the name of the smilie that I want. I remember my favorites easily! The list will help me most when I want to pull up something a bit different depending on the circumstances!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='762593' date='01-Mar-2009 13:33'] Jefferson! The addition of gifs helps identify each entry![/quote]
    And , skitterbug!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have put together the code for the gifs for the flags that we have available. There are now four flags that I have noted at the bottom of the document that were part of the Flag set in our old Lounge, that do not seem to be available now.

BTW - if you find any typing errors in any of the items that I've worked on, please let me know. I've checked these over many times but..............!

Added information: I took John's suggestion and applied it to both of the files. I liked the change very much because it made the data easier to read!

Thanks NotQuite! So Another Edit: Corrected British Columbia map. I had a copy of Brazil's map in the wrong spot! Sorry for my error! Hopefully, the rest are correct.

[attachment=82548:Flags.pdf]
    [attachment=82547:Flags.doc.zip]

Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='762616' date='01-Mar-2009 18:29'] BTW - if you find any typing errors in any of the items that I've worked on, please let me know. I've checked these over many times but..............![/quote]
    Personally I find those flags run together too much, so I would add something like 3 pts above and below on each line, which should separate them (Table -> Select -> Table then Format -> Paragraph -> Spacing -> Before 3 pts and After 3 pts...)
    BATcher

If it wasn't for the weather, Great Britain would be a silent nation.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='762633' date='01-Mar-2009 14:44']Personally I find those flags run together too much, so I would add something like 3 pts above and below on each line, which should separate them (Table -> Select -> Table then Format -> Paragraph -> Spacing -> Before 3 pts and After 3 pts...)[/quote]
    John! Good suggestion and it's been put to use!

Thanks
    Edited by Bigaldoc to repair the Skitterbug quote which wasn't "closed."

[quote name='skitterbug' post='762616' date='01-Mar-2009 13:29']I have put together the code for the gifs for the flags that we have available. There are three flags that I have noted at the bottom of the document that were part of the Flag set in our old Lounge, that do not seem to be available now.[/quote]
    I think that your BritColumbia flag is incorrect. Unfortunately I am not at home and can't provide a correct version. However if you check my signature line I think it has a small, but readable copy.
    Regards,

NotQuite, Not So Damp In Lotus Land

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I implemented the [t]...[/t] tag while we were testing the new Lounge, but it interfered with editing posts containing tags, so I removed it (until we hopefully find a solution).
    One way to post tags as literal text within a post is to use code ... /code tags; another is to format the tag and end tag as bold, italic, or whatever you like:

[url]www.wopr.com[/url]

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='NotQuite' post='762653' date='01-Mar-2009 16:36']Edited by Bigaldoc to repair the Skitterbug quote which wasn't "closed."

I think that your BritColumbia flag is incorrect. Unfortunately I am not at home and can't provide a correct version. However if you check my signature line I think it has a small, but readable copy.[/quote]

You are right! Thanks! You know your own flag! I goofed! I have corrected copies uploaded now!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='762587' date='01-Mar-2009 13:47']I don't see anyone pointing out the common keyboard short-cuts - select the text then:
    Cntrl + B for Bold
    Cntrl + U for Underlined
    Cntrl + I for Italic[/quote]
    And I don't see a post with me saying thank you for mentioning that.

I should have done so at the time, but lost track of the post.

Thank you.

Thanks
    [quote name='Argus' post='778804' date='08-Jun-2009 17:33']And I don't see a post with me saying thank you for mentioning that. [/quote]
    Probably the time difference [attachment=84188:laugh.gif]

(Noooo problem!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast