Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I have had an initial look at a situation that I have been asked to rework, and I am wondering whether my interpretation of the current setup makes sense.
    An Access database is used to collect data about a client and a range of matters concerning that client. A report to the client is then prepared as a Word merge.

It seemed to me that the merge initially performed a conventional merge to put in the client details, then a series of catalogue merges are used to bring in multiple records from each of the related tables. I think the document was broken into sections, and each section had a different data source.

I have never encountered this situation before, so I am wondering if the scenario of multiple data sources is possible. I was not able to fully explore what was happening, so it is just possible that what I observed was a number of separate docs being merged, then the resultant documents joined together via code.
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    A document can have only one mail merge data source. You can, however, create a data source that collects multiple lines of information per subject, then group the data in the mail merge - see macropod's Mailmerge Tutorial: Create Sorted Listings (2000-2007).

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='762567' date='01-Mar-2009 19:30']A document can have only one mail merge data source. You can, however, create a data source that collects multiple lines of information per subject, then group the data in the mail merge - see macropod's Mailmerge Tutorial: Create Sorted Listings (2000-2007).[/quote]

Thanks for that.
    So if I observed about 6 of these confirmation messages, then there must of been 6 different main documents being used, with the results all being combined into one document after the merge. What I saw at the end was a single document with section breaks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johnhutchison' post='762579' date='01-Mar-2009 11:12']So if I observed about 6 of these confirmation messages, then there must of been 6 different main documents being used[/quote]
    For information about that confirmation message, see MSKB article 825765.