New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have read and re-read Woody's WHS for Dummies chapter on restoring previous (and missing) versions of files in the WHS Shared folders.

The problem is - my 'Previous Versions' tab under 'Properties' (as Woody describes on page 248 in 'For Dummies') is completly missing. Same problem for the 'View' button as described on page 249.

I found the following article dated March 2008, that says this is (or was) a known bug for HP Media Center.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w...38-8371492cd3f7

Evidently - it's still a problem for the latest HP Media Centers also. I have an EX485.

Is there a work around ? Have you heard if they plan to fix the problem ?

I am currenly copying my shared folders to my client PC every nite as a work around.

Thanks,

Rich

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='LizardKing' post='762608' date='01-Mar-2009 08:40'][/quote]

VSS may be turned off. See Download details: Windows Home Server Technical Brief for Drive Extender for details about WHS disk management.

Joe