Thanks
    My PC runs Windows XP. This weekend my PC rebooted itself while I was surfing the Net. When it came back up my antivirus program immediately caught a virus which it quarantined. As a precaution, I deleted all my temporary files and restored my register from a month ago and rebooted.

All seems to be going well. I have one concern. There are files in my Windows\Temp folder that start with sqlite_ with a bunch of garbled letters and numbers. That is one indication that there may be a key logger present. Are there any software viewers that will allow me to open those sqlite files so I can see what is really going on inside those files?

I donít want to be concerned about sqlite files that may be used the by OS but I donít want a key logger on my PC either. Any suggestions?
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Omega3' post='762661' date='01-Mar-2009 16:27'][/quote]

Have you run full A/V and anti-malware scans, such as Ad-aware, Spybot, Windows Defender?

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Omega3' post='762661' date='01-Mar-2009 17:27'][/quote]
    By all means, Joe's question is first priority. BUT, under all circumstances that I'm aware of, you should be able to delete anything in the windows\temp folder. Whether the system (or something else!) has that blocked is yet to be answered.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Omega3' post='762661' date='01-Mar-2009 14:27']As a precaution, I deleted all my temporary files and restored my register from a month ago and rebooted.[/quote]

Why did you do this "restored my register from a month ago"?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='Omega3' post='762661' date='01-Mar-2009 17:27']By all means, Joe's question is first priority. BUT, under all circumstances that I'm aware of, you should be able to delete anything in the windows\temp folder. Whether the system (or something else!) has that blocked is yet to be answered.[/quote]
    Good points. I did run a full antivirus scan and it did not catch anything else. I failed to run an ad ware scan which I will do next. Hopefully that will keep things clean.

I wasnít able to delete everything in windows\temp. There was a sqlite file that was under some programís control. I had to go into safe mode to delete everything.

Thank you.
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='762840' date='02-Mar-2009 07:58']Why did you do this "restored my register from a month ago"?[/quote]
    Probably me being overly cautious. I just didn't know how long ago any virus settings may have updated my registry. I did have to catch up on my Windows and browsers updates since any register updates would no longer be there.

Thanks
    [quote name='Omega3' post='762846' date='02-Mar-2009 11:13']Good points. I did run a full antivirus scan and it did not catch anything else. I failed to run an ad ware scan which I will do next. Hopefully that will keep things clean.

I wasn't able to delete everything in windows\temp. There was a sqlite file that was under some program's control. I had to go into safe mode to delete everything.

Thank you.[/quote]
    Download and install a copy of UNLOCKER

It will be available on the right click drop down. Probably one of the best progs around to get rid of those "undeletable" files.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='762896' date='02-Mar-2009 12:45']Download and install a copy of UNLOCKER

It will be available on the right click drop down. Probably one of the best progs around to get rid of those "undeletable" files.[/quote]
    Thanks Bob. I'll look into it. Sounds like a handy program to have.