Thanks
    The pic shows my MSConfig front screen...even if I set it to "Normal"
    and then re-boot, when it comes back it is again showing as set to "Selective Startup."

There doesn't seem to be anything missing or not functioning, so why is it showing that way?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow

[attachment=82558:Capture.PNG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you click on the Startup tab, are there any entries that are not selected?
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='CWBillow' post='762740' date='02-Mar-2009 09:02']The pic shows my MSConfig front screen...even if I set it to "Normal"
    and then re-boot, when it comes back it is again showing as set to "Selective Startup."

There doesn't seem to be anything missing or not functioning, so why is it showing that way?[/quote]
    Yeah but it didn't start like that direct after installation, did it Chuck? You will have to tell us what you were doing, this is isn't the Puzzles forum. (BTW as you'll notice the Lounge has now been equipped with a Beta Software sub-forum.)

Thanks
    [quote name='Samantha' post='762747' date='02-Mar-2009 01:07']If you click on the Startup tab, are there any entries that are not selected?[/quote]

Nope.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='CWBillow' post='762851' date='02-Mar-2009 10:31'][/quote]

Have you tried "Run as Administrator"?

Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Remove the check mark in the lower area and then select the "Normal" setting.
    It may require a "Selective" on the first restart, but after that is should NOT.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='762872' date='02-Mar-2009 09:56']Remove the check mark in the lower area and then select the "Normal" setting.
    It may require a "Selective" on the first restart, but after that is should NOT.[/quote]

Guys, I tried every combo I could think of, both as Admin and not, and nada. It's still showing a Selective startup with the "Load Startup Items" line unchcked.

Looking at it with Mike Lin's "Startup COntrol Panel, all appears active -- and They're all starting as expected to do. So I don't know.

It's isolated to MSConfig, so does that make it an O/S issue?

Regards,
    Chuck

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='CWBillow' post='762910' date='02-Mar-2009 15:13'][/quote]

If you do not get notification that you are running a selective boot then don't worry about it. That is the way it shows on my Vista system at work. I've never used MSCONFIG on this system to change anything. The system seems to boot normally.

Joe