Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily digests

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a way to have the daily digest emails indicate which forum they represent. I am subscribed to four fora and thus receive four daily digest email messages, but the subject line reads:
    "Your daily new topics digest ( Woody's Lounge )"
    on all of them. I often don't get around to reviewing the digests everyday and when I do I like to catch up one forum at a time, e.g., read all the old digests for Access, then the ones for Outlook, etc.
    It would be nice to have the forum name as part of the subject line as it was it in the old Woody's Lounge.
    Another thing I liked better with the old digest format was the Index at the top of the message. This provided a way for quick topic review of the messages I wanted to look at.
    Aside from these items I think the new Lounge format is great.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jswedlund' post='762873' date='02-Mar-2009 19:02']Is there a way to have the daily digest emails indicate which forum they represent.[/quote]
    We're aware of the problem, and if we find a way to change the format and layout of the digests, we will certainly do so.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='762874' date='02-Mar-2009 18:03']We're aware of the problem, and if we find a way to change the format and layout of the digests, we will certainly do so.[/quote]

Are the daily digests being e-mailed? Since the lounge software conversion, I have not rec'd them. I wondered whether this is still a "to do" item from the conversion or if the lounge e-mails have been blacklisted again. I also am not receiving e-mails when I click e-mail notification on my forum posts. People post and I only know when I get an opportunity to get back into the lounge. Thx.

Thanks
    [quote name='JimClawson' post='762887' date='02-Mar-2009 11:55']Are the daily digests being e-mailed? Since the lounge software conversion, I have not rec'd them.[/quote]
    I'm fairly certain you need to re-subscribe to the daily digests. At least, I did.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='762874' date='02-Mar-2009 12:03']We're aware of the problem, and if we find a way to change the format and layout of the digests, we will certainly do so.[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I was afraid I was overlooking some setting.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='762889' date='02-Mar-2009 17:10']I'm fairly certain you need to re-subscribe to the daily digests. At least, I did.[/quote]

OK..I re-subscribed to the daily digest reports...I am still not receiving them.

I was receiving them prior to forum software update. So I don't know if its related to this or if my ISP is, for some unknown reasons, blocking them. I know the forum e-mails were blacklisted for a while.

Is anyone else not receiving either the daily digest or e-mail updates when someone posts to a thread that is being watched?Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JimClawson' post='763196' date='03-Mar-2009 17:43']Is anyone else not receiving either the daily digest or e-mail updates when someone posts to a thread that is being watched?Thanks[/quote]Me too.
    Although I'm not supposed to say that, apparently.
    Once I finish this (paying!) project I expect I'll have to learn how to use the new lounge.
    I don't (yet) know where to go to check my digest subscriptions.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='chrisgreaves' post='763402' date='04-Mar-2009 12:23'][/quote]

Click on the "Controls" link at the top of a Lounge page. Then, in the left column there is a "Subscriptions" section.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I still have not received any e-mail notifications from the lounge since its upgrade...has the forum's servers been blacklisted again? Is anyone else having an issue receiving e-mail notifications of any kind from the lounge?

I may change my e-mail account from my work one to my home account to eliminate any ISP issues with my employer. If I still don't receive them, is there any other troubleshooting recommendations? Thx.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    We haven't been blacklisted for at least three weeks now, and notifications do get sent out, but individual ISPs may still block e-mails from the Lounge for unclear reasons.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763448' date='04-Mar-2009 18:03']We haven't been blacklisted for at least three weeks now, and notifications do get sent out, but individual ISPs may still block e-mails from the Lounge for unclear reasons.[/quote]

Hans,
    Thanks for the additional information. I will now change my lounge e-mail account from the work one to my personal one as these are hosted by different ISP's to see if I can receive lounge e-mails. Thx again for the feedback and advice.
    JimC

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='763426' date='04-Mar-2009 16:18']Click on the "Controls" link at the top of a Lounge page. Then, in the left column there is a "Subscriptions" section.[/quote]
    Thanks Joe!
    Now let's see what the morning brings .....

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='chrisgreaves' post='763504' date='04-Mar-2009 16:28']Now let's see what the morning brings .....[/quote]
    Better make that "let's see what tomorrow evening brings." I just received my set of daily digests moments ago, so don't panic if you don't see the email message(s) until later in the day.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JimClawson' post='763469' date='04-Mar-2009 18:50']Hans,
    Thanks for the additional information. I will now change my lounge e-mail account from the work one to my personal one as these are hosted by different ISP's to see if I can receive lounge e-mails. Thx again for the feedback and advice.
    JimC[/quote]

I did start to receive the lounge e-mails when I changed my e-mail address to my personal home e-mail account.

So I called my employer's ISP to determine why I did not receive the lounge e-mails. While the lounge is not blacklisted anywhere, my employer's ISP e-mail server employs another level of scanning for legit e-mail.

The ISP's e-mail server pings the sending e-mail server, in most cases, legit e-mail servers respond. Assuming my employer's ISP receives a return ping to validate the sending e-mail server, they let the e-mail pass into their server for routing to various customers.

If the sending e-mail server fails to respond, then the e-mail is NOT passed to their server for customer distribution. Supposedly, the lounge's e-mail server no longer responds to this ping contact like it did previously...

This is all beyond my meager skill set...so I am reporting what I was told...Perhaps this information is of value to the lounge administrators and may explain why others are not receiving lounge e-mail notifications. Thx.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Our current server doesn't reply to ping requests, but I don't understand why your ISP sees this as a reason for refusing e-mail...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast