3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I need some assistance translating the formula from Excel to Access. The variations of IIF in Access are not giving me the correct data. Please see screenshot of the query and the attachment for the Excel formula.

As always, thank you in advance for the help.
    Pooja

PS First time I'm using the new interface and it's GREAT!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pooja' post='762880' date='02-Mar-2009 19:52']I need some assistance translating the formula from Excel to Access. The variations of IIF in Access are not giving me the correct data. Please see screenshot of the query and the attachment for the Excel formula.[/quote]

Is it this what you want ?
    IIf(IsNull([amountwithoutdecimals]),[nextyearrequest],[amountwithoutdecimals])
    Francois

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's almost perfect (and exactly what I thought it should be)! Thank you for trying. The problem with this one is that I'm still getting numerous rows related to the exact same Account. For some reason the link to the server continues to only give me back the amounts in the 'AmountWithoutDecimals' field. The NextYearRequest simply will not come through. I'll keep working at it and see if I can figure it out!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pooja' post='762902' date='02-Mar-2009 21:54']It's almost perfect (and exactly what I thought it should be)! Thank you for trying. The problem with this one is that I'm still getting numerous rows related to the exact same Account. For some reason the link to the server continues to only give me back the amounts in the 'AmountWithoutDecimals' field. The NextYearRequest simply will not come through. I'll keep working at it and see if I can figure it out![/quote]

Maybe there are spaces in the field if it is a text field.
    Try this one :
    IIf(IsNull([amountwithoutdecimals]) Or Len(Trim([amountwithoutdecimals]))=0,[nextyearrequest],[amountwithoutdecimals])
    Francois

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That totally worked! Thank YOU so much.

Pooja