2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Running Panda Internet Security 2009. From time to time the little Panda icon in the lower right corner of the screen right of the taskbar (I forget what we're calling that space this month) greys out. Should be sparkly white. No rhyme or reason I can figure out; even when definitions are updated (which happens daily), and even after I run a self-diagnosis that tells me it's running fine. I've searched Panda support and e-mailed Panda support, but get no response -- typical, in my experience with this company. Any guesses what this means? Or does anybody have a way to elicit a response from Panda?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Auggie' post='762916' date='02-Mar-2009 15:41'][/quote]

If it eventually turns back white on its own, I'd guess that there is a timing issue on definition udpates. Otherwise, it could mean that Pando considers some feature to be disabled or not up-to-date.

Is there anything in the product help files?

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Nada. It can grey out even if up to date. What concerns me is what hole might be in my system while it's that way.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Auggie' post='762943' date='02-Mar-2009 17:19'][/quote]

Without knowing what the icon variations mean it is impossible to tell what is on, off, or missing.

To get an answer from Panda you could try contacting their sales people and letting them know of your extreme displeasure and how that is going to affect any recommendation of their product to anyone who will listen to you.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good thought. Thanks.