5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A friend is using MS Office 2002 on Windows XP. She is trying to build a distribution list, but the Select Members form doesn't display the same columns as my system (admittedly I'm on 2003, but I'm sure this isn't the problem).
    When I click on the Select Members button, the dialogue box contains four columns : Name, Display Name, Email Address and E-Mail Type.
    When she clicks on the Select Members button, the dialogue box only contains Name.

However, if she opens a new mail message and then clicks on the 'To' button, the Select Names form which appears (which seems to be identical to the Select Members form apart from the dialogue box title) does contain the four columns.

We've sorted how she can create the dist list but the puzzle I'm asking for forum help on is :

Why is the Select Members form missing three columns?
    What can be done to get it back to its normal state of displaying four columns?

She has done a Detect and Repair, but this has not fixed the problem.
    Thanks
    Silverback
    Silverback

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    When I do this in Outlook 2002, I see only the Name column because the list box is too narrow to show the other columns. The list box has a horzontal scroll bar that can be used to view the other columns, however.

[attachment=82599:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (4.9 KB, 1 views)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Nope - tried that and there is definitely only one column there (she says)
    Silverback
    Silverback

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='silverback' post='763081' date='03-Mar-2009 16:11']Nope - tried that and there is definitely only one column there (she says)
    Silverback[/quote]
    No idea then. How important is this issue to her?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's now not very because we found a work round for her to create the distribution list, so we're giving up.
    I think that Outlook has somehow been corrupted (they've had problems with the PC before and had a new disc installed on to which was copied 'all the relevant bits of the old system'.)
    I am not convinced that Office has been properly installed on the new disc, so we're going to leave well alone for the moment.

Thanks for trying.
    Silverback
    Silverback