Thanks
    I sent out an e-mail yesterday using the bcc field using the @ e-mail address format. In my Sent Items folder, the email did not show a bcc field. I was expecting to see those e-mail addresses. I no longer have an electronic trail of who I sent it to. When I select the View menu item the bcc item is disabled with no check next to it.

Today I sent out an e-mail using the bcc field but this time to people on my contacts list. This time in the Sent Items folder, the e-mail does show a bcc field and the names of the people I sent it too. The View menu item has the bcc item checked this time but still disabled.

If I canít get the bcc field to display then I have no record of all the people I sent the e-mail to. Why does bcc behave this way? Can I get it to display?
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried it with both options you describe: a literally typed e-mail address in the BCC field, and a name from my contacts in the BCC field.
    In both messages in the Sent Items folder the BCC field was filled in correctly.
    Are you absolutely sure you entered something in the BCC field in the first message?

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763094' date='03-Mar-2009 07:42']I tried it with both options you describe: a literally typed e-mail address in the BCC field, and a name from my contacts in the BCC field.
    In both messages in the Sent Items folder the BCC field was filled in correctly.
    Are you absolutely sure you entered something in the BCC field in the first message?[/quote]
    Hans, if you are right I'm going to find a rock to hide under. I'm going to contact one of the recipients to see if he got it. If he didn't, where's that rock?
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Thanks
    [quote name='Omega3' post='763091' date='03-Mar-2009 07:33']I sent out an e-mail yesterday using the bcc field using the @ e-mail address format. In my Sent Items folder, the email did not show a bcc field. I was expecting to see those e-mail addresses. I no longer have an electronic trail of who I sent it to. When I select the View menu item the bcc item is disabled with no check next to it.

Today I sent out an e-mail using the bcc field but this time to people on my contacts list. This time in the Sent Items folder, the e-mail does show a bcc field and the names of the people I sent it too. The View menu item has the bcc item checked this time but still disabled.[/quote]
    Did you add the BCC column to the Sent Items view? If the names do not appear there, then the data might not be available in the message.

The display of the BCC field when you open a message might be a property of the "form" Outlook used for the message. If you open a message and a field is missing, try the following, but DO NOT SAVE ANY CHANGES: Tools > Forms > Design this Form > All Fields tab > from the drop-down, choose the relevant category.

Edit: Sorry, I meant the "Sent to" view, which is the default view for the "Sent Items" folder.

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763094' date='03-Mar-2009 07:42']I tried it with both options you describe: a literally typed e-mail address in the BCC field, and a name from my contacts in the BCC field.
    Are you absolutely sure you entered something in the BCC field in the first message?[/quote]

Han's you are right. I would have staked my life I had entered recipients in the Bcc field. Thank you for testing it and confirming that it worked okay for you. I will write this up as a user error with me being that user! Now... were's that rock?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't worry, it can happen to all of us.