Thread: Excel 2000

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a client who says that her auto fill options are missing - when she drags and stops the little box that gives you options no longer appears. What would cause this to happen and how can I tell her to remedy the situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rebel76072' post='763102' date='03-Mar-2009 17:01']I have a client who says that her auto fill options are missing - when she drags and stops the little box that gives you options no longer appears. What would cause this to happen and how can I tell her to remedy the situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote]
    Let her select Tools | Options...
    Activate the Edit tab.
    Tick the check box "Allow cell drag and drop".
    Click OK.

AutoFill should now work again.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rebel76072' post='763102' date='03-Mar-2009 16:01']I have a client who says that her auto fill options are missing - when she drags and stops the little box that gives you options no longer appears. What would cause this to happen and how can I tell her to remedy the situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated![/quote]
    I have already had her do that and she says when she drags for auto fill and releases, the options box is gone. That is what we are trying to resolve. Any other ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Let her try this:

Select Tools | Options.
    Activate the Edit tab.
    Use one or both of the following procedures:
    Tick the "Show Paste Options buttons" check box.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763133' date='03-Mar-2009 17:21']Let her try this:

Select Tools | Options.
    Activate the Edit tab.
    Use one or both of the following procedures:
    Tick the "Show Paste Options buttons" check box.[/quote]
    I had her do that as well and she insists that the options box still does not appear.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rebel76072' post='763138' date='03-Mar-2009 18:33']I had her do that as well and she insists that the options box still does not appear.[/quote]
    With those settings, the options button should appear. Perhaps something else is interfering. Let her try Jan Karel Pieterse's Systematic Approach to behavioral Problems in XL

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763139' date='03-Mar-2009 17:36']With those settings, the options button should appear. Perhaps something else is interfering. Let her try Jan Karel Pieterse's Systematic Approach to behavioral Problems in XL[/quote]
    Here's a thought - if her spreadsheet is protected, would it inhibit the auto fill options?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rebel76072' post='763142' date='03-Mar-2009 18:43']Here's a thought - if her spreadsheet is protected, would it inhibit the auto fill options?[/quote]
    I still get the option button in a protected sheet...