Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have set up a spreadsheet to calculate various financial calculations to be used for Financial Managers. Can I post the spreadsheet over here for someone to check my calculations or is there a forum you can recommend?

Regards

Howard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It's OK to post your spreadsheet here, but the Lounge cannot take responsibility for the consequences...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans

Attached please find my Spreadsheet with various Financial Calculations. These are highlighted in color. Please check & advise

Regards

Howard

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I hope that someone else will do that, financial calculations are not my forte. I can just understand my Lounge salary...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    HowardC,

Obviously, there's no way to verify the accuracy of the input, so I'm assuming you're looking for a check on the structure of the spreadsheet...

There are some inconsistencies:
    Cell E50 (Sales) is a formula that refers back to Cell E42 (Key Input Data). That's fine.
    But Cells E52 & E53 do not refer to E43 & E44. So if a change is made to the Key Input Data list, the income statement will not update itself.
    Likewise, Cell E55 should refer to E46, but it doesn't.
    Again, Cell E57 should be a formula that refers to Cell E45

Cell D127 contains a hard percentage, which is not consistent with surrounding entries. I do not have a suggestion for this cell, but having a formula there would make sense. How, exactly, is the percentage determined? For example, should it be 100% - 40% (Tax Rate)? If so, the formula for that cell should be =1-E45. This way, if you ever have to change the tax rate in the Key Input Data List, then Cell D127 would change accordingly.

I've reattached your spreadsheet with suggestions.

[quote name='HowardC' post='763250' date='03-Mar-2009 21:23']Hi Hans

Attached please find my Spreadsheet with various Financial Calculations. These are highlighted in color. Please check & advise

Regards

Howard[/quote]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - Ricky

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Tricky' post='763368' date='04-Mar-2009 15:50']HowardC,

Obviously, there's no way to verify the accuracy of the input, so I'm assuming you're looking for a check on the structure of the spreadsheet...

There are some inconsistencies:
    Cell E50 (Sales) is a formula that refers back to Cell E42 (Key Input Data). That's fine.
    But Cells E52 & E53 do not refer to E43 & E44. So if a change is made to the Key Input Data list, the income statement will not update itself.
    Likewise, Cell E55 should refer to E46, but it doesn't.
    Again, Cell E57 should be a formula that refers to Cell E45

Cell D127 contains a hard percentage, which is not consistent with surrounding entries. I do not have a suggestion for this cell, but having a formula there would make sense. How, exactly, is the percentage determined? For example, should it be 100% - 40% (Tax Rate)? If so, the formula for that cell should be =1-E45. This way, if you ever have to change the tax rate in the Key Input Data List, then Cell D127 would change accordingly.

I've reattached your spreadsheet with suggestions.[/quote]

Hi Ricky

Thanks for your input , this is much appreciated

Kind Regards

Howard