Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Not a complaint!
    FYI only.

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information."
    and "You did not choose any forums to search in, or the forums you chose to search in are password protected. If this is the case, please make sure you are logged into the password protected forums before searching."

when trying to search "Woody's Lounge > Microsoft Office etc."

I suspect this is because "This forum only" is valid only for leafs on the tree, and since "Microsoft Office etc." can have no posted threads, it makes no sense to search there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You should click More Search Options, you can select a category there. Or if you want to make sure, click More Options there and tick the check box below the categories/forums:

[attachment=82605:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (6.0 KB, 0 views)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763166' date='03-Mar-2009 15:45']You should click More Search Options,[/quote]
    How silly of me not to have seen that

OK. Now for a wish-list item:
    When I choose "more" (of anything), could the software populate the appropriate box for me?

As I somewhat selfishly see it, I open the simple search box, type in (two-fingered remember)
    +filter + width +something +else +takes +time
    and then, for some reason, choose "Adavnced Search" or "More Options" or even "Options that I suspect Hans implemented since the last time I was here", , and then I have to type my search string all over again.

(Not really angry, nor frustrated. More peeved that I have to work instead of learning my way around the lounge. I'm at the back of the pack again, already, aren't I?)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There's not much I can do in the way of tweaking. I could make Advanced Search the default instead of Simple Search, that's about it...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763207' date='03-Mar-2009 14:12']There's not much I can do in the way of tweaking. I could make Advanced Search the default instead of Simple Search, that's about it...[/quote]
    Yes, please! Especially since I can't yet recall what the advanced options are since the upgrade, I find myself doing exactly as Chris described and entering my search paramaters twice, once before and once after clicking on the advanced option.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Samantha' post='763211' date='03-Mar-2009 23:28']Yes, please! Especially since I can't yet recall what the advanced options are since the upgrade, I find myself doing exactly as Chris described and entering my search paramaters twice, once before and once after clicking on the advanced option.[/quote]
    Done, but this only means that "More Search Options" switches directly to advanced mode. Clicking Search still opens the small dropdown search box.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763215' date='03-Mar-2009 14:39']Done, but this only means that "More Search Options" switches directly to advanced mode. Clicking Search still opens the small dropdown search box.[/quote]
    Perfect! I never type directly in that little dropdown box anyway, but go straight to the "more search options."
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Samantha' post='763219' date='03-Mar-2009 18:58']Perfect! I never type directly in that little dropdown box anyway, but go straight to the "more search options."[/quote]

I Love You!