Thread: new motherboard

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had to send my computer back to HP for the third time. They replaced the motherboard for the third time. This time when I got it back, I didn't have a driver for the printer. I bought it as a bundle. Is there anything I can do besides buy a new driver for the printer?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Myrna' post='763205' date='03-Mar-2009 16:07'][/quote]

You should not have to purchase a driver. You should be able to download the driver from the printer manufacturer. So, if it is an HP printer go to the HP support site and search for the drivers for the model of printer you own.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='763206' date='03-Mar-2009 17:11']You should not have to purchase a driver. You should be able to download the driver from the printer manufacturer. So, if it is an HP printer go to the HP support site and search for the drivers for the model of printer you own.

Joe[/quote]I had success doing this for someone who bought an Acer laptop with Windows Vista installed. I downloaded the Windows XP drivers for her laptop from the Acer web site. After reinstalling Windows XP, we got everything working correctly on her laptop.
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)