4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am filling a listbox with fieldnames from a table. The user has asked for a draggable list where on the same list they can re-order the items in the list by double clicking and dragging. Very similar to the Tabs order listbox.

Any ideas how I can do it? Thanks, like the new site appearance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763393' date='04-Mar-2009 17:46']See Post 349650[/quote]

Thanks Hans. I will look at using up/down buttons to move the selected row, sounds like fun working out how to do the listindex/item changes. I have vague memories doing this a long time ago with I think a bubble memory sort code (think that's what it was called) Bit of a brain teaser, however thanks again.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ZOR' post='763398' date='04-Mar-2009 18:02']Thanks Hans. I will look at using up/down buttons to move the selected row, sounds like fun working out how to do the listindex/item changes. I have vague memories doing this a long time ago with I think a bubble memory sort code (think that's what it was called) Bit of a brain teaser, however thanks again.[/quote]

Still at a dead end. Spent all night searching for ways to drag sort a single listbox. Dont want to pay $200 to Peters Software for drag and dropper. Seems he is the only one on the web that knows how to do it???

Is there a way to do it with arrays? Anyone? Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    What is your goal? Should the re-ordered list be stored somewhere? If so, how do you want to store the sort order?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Drag and drop is a bit iffy in Access. I have attached a small demo database. It contains a list box with "up" and "down" buttons next to it. They will move the selected item up or down, by changing the lngSort field in the table that acts as row source.

[attachment=82642ragDrop2.zip]
    Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763510' date='05-Mar-2009 01:31']Drag and drop is a bit iffy in Access. I have attached a small demo database. It contains a list box with "up" and "down" buttons next to it. They will move the selected item up or down, by changing the lngSort field in the table that acts as row source.

[attachment=82642ragDrop2.zip][/quote]

Thankyou Hans, sorry for the delay getting back. Appreciate the sample, I should get somewhere now. Best regards