Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='bobchapman' post='763571' date='05-Mar-2009 07:00'][/quote]

If you go into a Command window and navigate to F: does the folder show when you do a "DIR /AH"?

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='bobchapman' post='763571' date='05-Mar-2009 14:00']It's a dual-boot system, so XP and Vista are both available to me, but only running one at a time.
    Bob[/quote]
    It's a folder that doesn't show up in Explorer, correct? The Boot designation could be related but by no means necessarily, I can't see such connection now. You do indeed have a dual-boot system.

The missing folder, is it created in the other OS (you are looking at the partition from inside XP at the moment)? It shouldn't matter, but then one perhaps better knows where to look for the problem or correct the problem.

Since you can find the folder with a search, if you right-click it, what attributes does it have. It could have been set to hidden. Then it could be that you somehow have "Show hidden files and folders" unchecked, but you search for all files and folders, even hidden (another setting in the Search Companion as you know). It will show up then in the search result, but not in the Explorer. You said "other folders seem to all show up", and that could be all OK if they not have the hidden attribute, but if this folder somehow got a changed attribute and you have a system setting to not show, it will be hidden.

To see hidden files and folders:
    • In Windows Explorer: Tools menu, click Folder Options.
    • Select the View tab.
    • Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    RESOLVED!!!

Somehow the folder had gotten re-named to "Documents" -- probably I fouled it up someway, so when I searched for it, of course I couldn't find it.

Thanks for all the help.

Bob

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='bobchapman' post='763659' date='05-Mar-2009 11:11'][/quote]

That was getting confusing. Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting back.

Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='763516' date='04-Mar-2009 21:47']The cross hatching on most partitions means that it is a hidden drive.

Most of the OEM's will use one to hide their "System Recover" data.

Your attachment also shows that it is a (Boot) drive. Have you got multi OS's running on this machine?[/quote]
    The cross hatching in Disk Management shows the selected drive, not a hidden drive.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    My error

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='763942' date='06-Mar-2009 20:10']The cross hatching in Disk Management shows the selected drive, not a hidden drive.[/quote]

Thanks. THis has been resolved.
    Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12