3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am encountering a few problems when attempting to paste JPGs from within MS Office Picture Manager.

1. I do not have a Windows Enhanced metafile paste option, only the File option under Paste special. When I use this option, the image looks somewhat fuzzy and indistinct.
    2. I opened the JPG in Paint and Visio and then paste it in using Enhanced metafile but the image is still somewhat fuzzy. I shrank it somewhat within Visio, but it still looks this way in Word.
    Is Word maybe increasing the size of the image and causing this?

Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='763479' date='04-Mar-2009 15:03']I am encountering a few problems when attempting to paste JPGs from within MS Office Picture Manager.

1. I do not have a Windows Enhanced metafile paste option, only the File option under Paste special. When I use this option, the image looks somewhat fuzzy and indistinct.
    2. I opened the JPG in Paint and Visio and then paste it in using Enhanced metafile but the image is still somewhat fuzzy. I shrank it somewhat within Visio, but it still looks this way in Word.
    Is Word maybe increasing the size of the image and causing this?[/quote]
    I'm not sure what you mean by "the File option." It sounds as though you are actually getting a thumbnail image that represents an embedded file. Does that seem to be what it is? Can you view the image as an image in an image editor (such as Paint), select all, copy, then Paste Special as a picture from there? If not, perhaps you would have better results using Insert>Picture>From file.

Note: I can't recall where Insert > Picture > From file resides in the Word 2007 ribbon, sorry!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='763479' date='05-Mar-2009 10:03']I am encountering a few problems when attempting to paste JPGs from within MS Office Picture Manager.
    Is Word maybe increasing the size of the image and causing this?[/quote]
    If the graphic is a jpg then you don't want to use the EMF format since there is no vector information in there anyway. Word will increase the file size if you paste it in as a bitmap since you lose the benefit of the jpeg compression. The resolution of the image depends partly on the physical size of the image. If you follow the method below and the image is still fuzzy, make the graphic smaller in size by scaling it in Word. You can't remove fuzziness if there aren't enough pixels there to start with, all you can do is make the fuzzies so small that your eye can't see them.

As Jefferson says, you should be inserting the image by inserting the jpg using the Insert Ribbon and clicking on the Picture button and navigating to where the jpg is stored.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks.