Thread: The Flags

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    This question is prompted by Tricky's concern about his signature in the Test area. I'd reference his post but I don't know how long the test posts are allowed to reside on the server. It used to be three days but now I haven't seen any data about the posts' "life time".

So where are the gifs for the flags located? I found that these three seem to only be located in /flags/ ....

[ img] http://www.wopr.com/S/FRY.gif [ /img]

- in /flags/ folder

[ img] http://www.wopr.com/S/Czech.gif [ /img]

- in /flags/ folder

[ img] http://www.wopr.com/S/Slovakia.gif [ /img]

in /flags/ folder

.......while this one and lots of the others are located in both folders.

It is confusing really. Is there a way to move the flags into both locations? If only one or the other location is chosen I have a feeling there would be lots of posts showing "flag errors".

<Note - I added spaces in the image tags because I couldn't get my code to post any other way! I tried the bolding trick but it didn't work for me....

Thanks

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    1. At this moment, posts in Pix Place, Scuttlebutt and Test Area don't expire yet.

2. We'll try to make the old smileys and flags available in a more user-friendly way in the future.

3. To post a tag in an instruction for users (i.e. without it being processed by the Lounge software), you can put any pair of tags around the keywords but inside the square brackets. For example

[[b]url[/b]] to get [url], or [[i]/url[/i]] to get [/url] (now try to imagine what I had to write to get this! )

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    (Drop this post into the low-priority bucket)

[quote name='HansV' post='763570' date='05-Mar-2009 08:56'](now try to imagine what I had to write to get this! )[/quote]

I did, and thought to send you a LOL PM first thing.
    It got knocked bak (attached image) complaining about the URL.

I know that your original line was a joke (and a good one too!), as was mine (although not as good), but it does raise a question at a higher level:

If a phrase containing the escape-characters "square bracket left" and/or "square bracket right" cannot be parsed by the software, ought it not just shrug and let it through?
    [complain]The old lounge did[/complain]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763570' date='05-Mar-2009 07:56']1. At this moment, posts in Pix Place, Scuttlebutt and Test Area don't expire yet.

2. We'll try to make the old smileys and flags available in a more user-friendly way in the future.

3. To post a tag in an instruction for users (i.e. without it being processed by the Lounge software), you can put any pair of tags around the keywords but inside the square brackets. For example

[[b]url[/b]] to get [url], or [[i]/url[/i]] to get [/url] (now try to imagine what I had to write to get this! )[/quote]

I have a very good imagination so I do have sympathy for you! I do appreciate the shared technique for posting links that I want to have appear as code.

I will also look forward to an easier way to use the "rest of" our available smilies!
    Thanks for replying.
    Now I shall enjoy my morning while reading the rest of the new posts!

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Thanks
    [quote name='chrisgreaves' post='763574' date='05-Mar-2009 05:33']If a phrase containing the escape-characters "square bracket left" and/or "square bracket right" cannot be parsed by the software, ought it not just shrug and let it through?
    [complain]The old lounge did[/complain][/quote]
    I think in your example you had a valid opening [url] and closing [/url] tag with something that was not recognized as a valid URL in between. That's probably a sufficiently rare occurrence that should not we should not mess with the plumbing.