2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Folks,

I've got a VBA program where we've got around 1000 Word 2003 'boilerplate' documents that are used as a master document for Word merges, then saved elsewhere so that the original stays 'original'.

Since these documents are maintained by others, in my VBA code I've got a check to ensure that the attached template is the template with the code in it so that styles, etc. are consistent.

We're in the process of upgrading to Word2007 and I find that the code used to chack the attached template name is not returning the correct attached template.

This code:

strTemp = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate.Name

in Word2003 returns the template attached to the document.

In Word2007, it returns 'normal.dotm'.

The document is being opened from the network in read only mode:

Documents.Open FileName:=strTemp, ReadOnly:=True
    Documents(strTemp).Activate

I can manually open the same document (it opens in compatability mode) and see the template that's attached is the correct one.

Any thought?

Thanks
    [quote name='mdenison' post='763577' date='05-Mar-2009 05:49']I can manually open the same document (it opens in compatability mode) and see the template that's attached is the correct one.[/quote]
    Could it be a timing issue: is it possible that Word is not loading the "real" template by the time you request the name?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='763729' date='05-Mar-2009 16:31']Could it be a timing issue: is it possible that Word is not loading the "real" template by the time you request the name?[/quote]

If I put a stop in the code just after the document is opened, wait a bit, then step into the code to get the name, it remains the same unfortunately.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mdenison' post='763577' date='05-Mar-2009 08:49']I can manually open the same document (it opens in compatability mode) and see the template that's attached is the correct one.[/quote]

Having opened the document manually in 2007, and verified that the correct template is attached; What does your snippet of code return?
    Regards
    Don

Thanks
    [quote name='mdenison' post='763879' date='06-Mar-2009 06:37']If I put a stop in the code just after the document is opened, wait a bit, then step into the code to get the name, it remains the same unfortunately.[/quote]
    How about ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropert yTemplate) -- is that accurate?