New Lounger
    Thanks
    as a real, REAL, amature in the world of computing i need help. A friend set up a basic website for me and i will now change the text on one of the pages, but have no idea what to do. As i live in Sweden and only have a basic grasp of the language it is difficult to follow instructions i am getting as all are in Swedish. Would be grateful for help with this, thanks

Thanks
    [quote name='efctj' post='763650' date='05-Mar-2009 08:46']as a real, REAL, amature in the world of computing i need help. A friend set up a basic website for me and i will now change the text on one of the pages, but have no idea what to do. As i live in Sweden and only have a basic grasp of the language it is difficult to follow instructions i am getting as all are in Swedish. Would be grateful for help with this, thanks[/quote]
    Web hosting comes in several flavors. Most allow you to simply copy anything you like to the server. In that case, you need a good plain text editor (e.g., Notepad, and "notepad replacements") or graphical editor (e.g., the free Kompozer or numerous commercial packages). After editing a local copy of your pages, you would copy them back to your web server using an FTP program (e.g., the free FileZilla), which is somewhat like Windows Explorer for remote machines. You need to know the FTP password in order to use FTP. This might be different than your account password; it depends on your host.

If you use FrontPage, you may be able to upload the files from inside the program. This requires that the server be running FrontPage Server Extensions.

Some web hosting is based on an entirely different concept: you create pages using online forms and templates provided by your host. In that case, you would need to log in and go through the online forms to make your changes.

Does any of that jibe with the instructions you've received?

After you get the general lay of the land, you may have specific questions about the pages themselves, or other features you want to add. So please ask your more specific questions as you run across them.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='efctj' post='763650' date='05-Mar-2009 11:46'][/quote]
    As Jefferson's reply indicates, there's a lot more we need to know about where you stand before anyone can make good suggestions about what to do to simply change some text on a web page.

First and foremost I think is that you have a copy or copies of ALL the files that make up the web page(s) on YOUR local hard drive. At that point, a simple change of some text can be done with any number of software programs and, as Jefferson said, you would then need to UPLOAD your revised file or files to the appropriate place on the web server, most likely using one of many FTP programs.

Anything more you can tell us will help someone give you advice.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Hello Friend,

Thanks for post.
    first let me know the name of your website.
    what is the domain name?
    after having glimpse about your domain name, i would be able to know about that what is your site, what industry is it?
    then i would suggest in much better way that what can be done at best for your site.

Thanks & regards,
    Mark Spenser,
    PLAVEB CORPORATION
    web design