Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello all!
    My office just migrated to Office 2007 & one of the big "sellers" is customizing the QAT. We have several add in products which have their own ribbons, but folks would prefer to just access certain functions from the QAT. As with all functions, you can right click the add-in ribbon icon > Add to QAT. The generic icon [green dot] appears and all is well. EXCEPT!! The buttons keep disappearing! Sometimes it's later in the day...sometimes not until a few days have passed... it's crazy! [and a bit frustrating] I've verified that the QAT file is not read-only and verified that the users have access to write to that folder.

I've searched high and low but keep coming up empty handed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep the buttons in place? I will appreciate any and all suggestions!!

Thanks,
    Melanie

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I'm guessing a bit here but because of the way I'm using add-ins and QATs, I suggest that you put the add-in ribbon on the QAT of the add-in template. The QATs of all attached templates and will appear to be in a single QAT of the open document.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='PamCaswell' post='763699' date='05-Mar-2009 15:06']I'm guessing a bit here but because of the way I'm using add-ins and QATs, I suggest that you put the add-in ribbon on the QAT of the add-in template. The QATs of all attached templates and will appear to be in a single QAT of the open document.
    Pam[/quote]

The only template I have control over is the template we created - I don't think I have access to the vendor templates. I'm not sure how to add the ribbon to the QAT... but could add all of the groups. I think I want to hold off on that - only because our folks don't want ALL of the functions... they just want to pick a few.

I'll keep your idea as an option, though... it's got to beat the disappearing buttons!!

Thanks!!