5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks
    I am trying to download Widows XP SP3. All I can find is a network version for IT professionals, heaps of reviews of SP3, heaps of how to download it that lead nowhere or a direct install from MS.
    Does anyone know where to download it so it can be saved?
    Regards,
    Peter

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks
    I found where to download it. At Microsoft Catalog.
    Microsoft Catalog
    Regards,
    Peter

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Peter Kinross' post='763818' date='06-Mar-2009 00:27'][/quote]

That is the same as the network version for IT pros. It is just name Microsoft chose to give for the full SP-3 package. Microsoft was/is trying to discourage users from downloading the full package and depend on Windows Update to install SP-3.

I always recommend that people download the full version. Fewer problems have been reported installing the full version as opposed to letting Windows Update decide which pieces to install. Once downloaded, then burn it to a CD especially if you have to install on more than one PC. That way you won't have to download it again. You can also slipstream (integrate) it with an XP installation CD you already have so if you need to reinstall from scratch it will be installed immediately.

Joe