New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I have developed a template which contains a number of macros.

When I create a document from the template, save it and send it to somebody else the macros are not part of the document and therefore it does not function correctly.

When I look under Tools -> Templates and Add-Ins the template listed is as it was when the document was created

Is there a way to save the macros, forms etc that were in the template as part of the "instance" document so that it will work correctly?

Thanks in advance

Ross

Thanks
    [quote name='RossJ' post='763817' date='05-Mar-2009 21:41']Hi All,

I have developed a template which contains a number of macros.

When I create a document from the template, save it and send it to somebody else the macros are not part of the document and therefore it does not function correctly.[/quote]
    When you create a document from a template, the contents and style definitions are "cloned" into the document. The template's macros and autotext entries remain available only as long as the "attached" template is available to the user opening the document.

You could send the template along with the document, and rely on the recipient to coordinate them together. Or, you could manually copy the macros into the document (using the Organizer, from the Macros dialog). Neither of those is a perfect solution, but I think the latter is preferable if the recipient's security settings permit it.

Note that in Word 2007, you need to save a document containing macros with a different file extension or the macros will be stripped.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It might be easier not to use a template at all.

Create a document that contains all the Macros and other content that you need. Copy this document each time you need to create a new one.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='763821' date='06-Mar-2009 08:31']When you create a document from a template, the contents and style definitions are "cloned" into the document. The template's macros and autotext entries remain available only as long as the "attached" template is available to the user opening the document.

You could send the template along with the document, and rely on the recipient to coordinate them together. Or, you could manually copy the macros into the document (using the Organizer, from the Macros dialog). Neither of those is a perfect solution, but I think the latter is preferable if the recipient's security settings permit it.

Note that in Word 2007, you need to save a document containing macros with a different file extension or the macros will be stripped.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply

Is there a way to also "clone" the macro's and forms etc to the document automatically?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='RossJ' post='763824' date='06-Mar-2009 10:15']Thanks for the reply

Is there a way to also "clone" the macro's and forms etc to the document automatically?[/quote]
    See StuartR's reply - it came in just before you posted yours.