3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    (sigh) my searching is off today so help please...a friend keeps receiving emails from people with attatched files many created with word 2007 and as she uses basic wordpad as a word processor she cannot read them. She's been forwarding the emails to me then I open them in my word 2007 and save them again in txt or rtf format and send them back. What can I get to install on her computer (preferably free) that will enable her to open these docx attatchments without too much trouble?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jaystarter1' post='763860' date='06-Mar-2009 14:46'] (sigh) my searching is off today so help please...a friend keeps receiving emails from people with attatched files many created with word 2007 and as she uses basic wordpad as a word processor she cannot read them. She's been forwarding the emails to me then I open them in my word 2007 and save them again in txt or rtf format and send them back. What can I get to install on her computer (preferably free) that will enable her to open these docx attatchments without too much trouble?[/quote]
    If she has an earlier version of MS Office, she can install the free Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats. If she doesn't, she could use the free .docx DOCX Convert Office 2007 online converter.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763866' date='06-Mar-2009 14:08']If she has an earlier version of MS Office, she can install the free Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats. If she doesn't, she could use the free .docx DOCX Convert Office 2007 online converter.[/quote]

Thanks. the online converter seems an easy solution. Hope to set her up over the weekend