Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Every once in awhile, while I have The Lounge open on screen but have been away from the computer for a short time, I get the attached warning message coming from Firefox. Has anyone else seen it or know the reason why?

What I don't know is whether I should click the Resend button or re-load the page from scratch. I've done both without apparent harm.

[attachment=82686:2009_03_06_094949.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='763883' date='06-Mar-2009 15:56'][/quote]
    I get a similar message in IE7 if I'm looking at the Online Users page and if I have modified any of the settings, for example display registered users only. Same if I'm looking at the Member List and if I have modified any of the settings, e.g. "Must have a photo". It does not occur when viewing a topic or a forum.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='763883' date='06-Mar-2009 08:56'][/quote]

Often times pages that display dynamic data such as search results have a lifetime set. Once that time has passed the request must be resubmitted to the server and you won't be served a page from the web server cache but a new page. FF and other browsers are just making sure you want to resubmit the request as the data you get back may change.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='763890' date='06-Mar-2009 10:03'][/quote]
    By golly, you're right. A short time ago, I changed settings in the Online screen to show all users so I could see how many guests are online. Just now when I hit F5 I got the message.

I've also gotten it when I'm viewing my Forum Subscriptions, which is my standard browsing base page. I guess it's because of the mechanics I go through each time (i.e. clicking my bookmark) getting back to the page from viewing a topic. Fx must take that action as "changes" of some kind.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Many people find this POST warning annoying. But they find double charges on their credit card from accidental double posts way more annoying, so the feature persists.