3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This morning, my first task in Outlook was to forward a message to a client. I work in a law firm and I would prefer to keep the messages I send stationary-free, so I immedately noticed that my outgoing message had a background pattern that I could not change. I double checked all my settings, and nothing had changed.

It was only after I gave up and sent the message that I realized the stationary was an artifact of the message I was forwarding. Is there any way to strip the stationary from a message I forward? Ideally, I'd like to strip it out of replies, too, but I don't mind nearly as much sending the stationary back to the person who originally sent it to me.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could change the message format from HTML to plain text, then back to HTML (or leave it as plain text)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Hans. That does the trick.

I just recently changed my default email format from plain text to HTML, as I was tired of forgetting to move the cursor to the top of the page (or switching to HTML format) before inserting documents to avoid getting attachments placed in the middle of my text. Having my default email format set as HTML solves a much bigger irritant, as I only occasionally receive an email that contains stationary, but I send attachments many, many times each day. I'll just have to remember the trick of switching to plain text and back to remove the pretty stationary before forwarding on to my client.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Thanks
    [quote name='Samantha' post='763976' date='06-Mar-2009 14:01']Having my default email format set as HTML solves a much bigger irritant, as I only occasionally receive an email that contains stationary, but I send attachments many, many times each day. I'll just have to remember the trick of switching to plain text and back to remove the pretty stationary before forwarding on to my client.[/quote]
    You might also take a peek at the macros and links in this thread: [topic="469682"]Remove reply indenting from HTML message (Outlook)[/topic].