Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm having difficulty extracting an excel file from a winzip file received by email.
    If I select the zip file in the email and select 'open it', I can see the excel file, but when I try to open it, I get the following error: Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file cannot be created. If I select 'extract all files', and then choose the location, hit extract, I get: An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Error0x80004005: Unspecified error.

Help please.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='VegasNath' post='763967' date='06-Mar-2009 22:18'][/quote]
    Try saving the attachment to disk, then open the saved version. Don't open the Excel file from within the zip file, but extract it first, and open the extracted version.
    If that doesn't work, the zip file may be damaged. You can try the free utility DiskInternals ZIP Repair.
    If that doesn't help either, ask the sender to make sure that the zip file is OK at his/her end, and to send it again.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans. Thanks. It's the first time that I have used zip files on this pc (Vista) and google threw up many similar questions. I downloaded winzip and used open with. All sorted now, thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='VegasNath' post='763979' date='06-Mar-2009 23:19']Hi Hans. Thanks. It's the first time that I have used zip files on this pc (Vista) and google threw up many similar questions. I downloaded winzip and used open with. All sorted now, thanks.[/quote]
    Ah - the sender probably used a recent version of WinZip with advanced compression. Windows itself only supports "classic" zip compression.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I ommited to say that I was also the sender and it was with winzip advanced compression. [hitting myself on head with hammer] It's been a long week.....