New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am using windows XP Professional 2005 using office 2000.
    I save my CV and other word documents, but next time when I try to open these documents
    they are open in incorrect form . I tried to open in correct encoding scheme but
    it did not work.

WOuld u plz inform me how can i read my documents?

Zardari

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    [quote name='zardari' post='764017' date='06-Mar-2009 23:03']I save my CV and other word documents, but next time when I try to open these documents
    they are open in incorrect form .[/quote]
    Do they lose all their formatting and look like a stream of text from your document and other random characters? If so, it's possible that you have the Recover Text filter selected.

Go to File > Open. At the bottom of the dialog is the format drop-down, which usually says Word documents (or something similar). If it says Recover Text from Any File (*.*) then that explains the problem. Change that to the default (first item at the top of the list) and try again.

Any luck?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It displays the following instead of displaying the words:

O@ ̽ %Z@ O@ Y Z
    EO@ ̽ ޕ xSQ& P2 #  CV2009.DOC mpt.lnk t lus.lnk cussion Forum.lnk s are eligible for processing.lnk irements.lnk =
    P @ P OMMAN~1.LNK .text q `.rdata & @ @.data ) ) @ P l | | ة x
    P  F 0    h x 0 P |||

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Try Phil Rabichow's Systematic Approach to behavioral Problems in Word.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Please navigate to one of the problem files; right click on it; select 'Properties'; then send us a screenshot of the Properties window. It might also help if you were to attach a small file created in Word that causes you a problem but has no confidential data.
    Regards
    Don