Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I use Auto filter, and select an item, the selection appears as well as the very last row of data on the sheet.

I have tried to reset the row the filter is applied to, by highlighting all of the rows below and reapplying the filter but no avail (I have always been able to fix filtering problems before).
    This sheet has me baffled!!

Any ideas?
    Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Unome' post='764029' date='07-Mar-2009 13:28'][/quote]
    Have you tried turning off AutoFilter altogether, then turning it on again?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, Ive tried that, Ive tried applying the filter to the entire row, applying it just to the columns above the data...and still the very last row appears without being selected in the drop down menu

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Unome' post='764033' date='07-Mar-2009 13:42']Yes, Ive tried that, Ive tried applying the filter to the entire row, applying it just to the columns above the data...and still the very last row appears without being selected in the drop down menu[/quote]
    Could you attach a copy of the problem workbook? Remove sensitive information and stuff not relevant to the problem.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally had a chance to pull the spreadsheet off my network drive at the office, attached is the problem child.

I found that if I delete the formula's in columns Q, R & S the autofilter problem fixes itself, or if I apply the auto filter to all but Q, R &S, the problem goes away...

So now my question is - why is the problem happening if I apply the filter to all columns?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide...

Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Since cell Q51 contains a SUBTOTAL formula, Excel considers row 51 (the last row) to be a summary row that should always be displayed. If you enter a value in Q51, or a formula that is not of the form =SUBTOTAL(...,...), AutoFilter will work with the last row. It works even if you use a formula such as =SUBTOTAL(3,F51:L51)+0 or =SUBTOTAL(3,F51:L51)*1

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans, I appreciate your help!