3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In many of the supplied Microsoft Word templates (i.e. Equity Letter) there is a control at the top of the document which can be clicked to choose and insert a date. I need to edit this control to change the displayed date format, but I cannot find what it is, or where it is located?? I cannot find it in Macros or the Equity ot Normal Templates. Any suggestions please?
    David P - The Truth Is In Redmond

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    [quote name='dpollock' post='764157' date='08-Mar-2009 07:54']In many of the supplied Microsoft Word templates (i.e. Equity Letter) there is a control at the top of the document which can be clicked to choose and insert a date. I need to edit this control to change the displayed date format, but I cannot find what it is, or where it is located?? I cannot find it in Macros or the Equity ot Normal Templates. Any suggestions please?[/quote]
    Content controls are on the developer ribbon tab, which you can add to the ribbon through Word options. Select the control and then click properties. In the resulting dialog, you'll be able to choose a date format and specify the locale.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. 3 hours into an upgrade from 2000, I was getting tempted to revert back. I did actually find the Developer tab, but spent quite a long time right clicking the control to get its properties. Old habits die hard!
    David P - The Truth Is In Redmond

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Oh, you are a new W2007 user. In that case I should tell (warn) you that content controls do not translate to older Word versions but a filled out content control will change to static text.

Pam
    Pam Caswell