Thanks
    Is this possible? Clicking on the double-quotes black square in front of a Subscribed Forum in my Control Panel does nothing, whereas in the normal Lounge view it comes up with a window asking if I want to mark all posts in this particular Forum as read.

Additionally, even if you use the link at the bottom right of the standard Lounge view to mark all posts (Lounge-wide) as having been read, this doesn't seem to affect the Subscribed Forum view (or, at least, I haven't found this to be consistent)...

Thanks!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='764280' date='09-Mar-2009 06:49'][/quote]
    I think this is a bug in the new software. Visiting the forum from the link in Forum Subscriptions and returning usually solves it for me, but it's unpleasant to have to do this for several forums each new session. I find myself using Forum Subscriptions much less frequently than the favorite forums in Control Panel in the old Lounge.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='HansV' post='764292' date='09-Mar-2009 02:07'][/quote]

I've just about given up on the subscription panel. I've got enough self inflicted issues with too many clicks. I don't like or need the extra effort to ensure the status indicator is really what the status is.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='764348' date='09-Mar-2009 09:13'][/quote]
    Surprised I am at all of this. I've come to like the subscriptions method and the only times I "sometimes" have a problem with that icon not going dim is when I make a post or if one of the Mods or Admins moves one or more posts from a forum. On those few occasions I just use the options button to mark all as read and go on. Diff'rent Strokes, right?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I to am having this issue ONLY when a post has been MOVED.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='764375' date='09-Mar-2009 09:22'][/quote]

If I go to the "View Forums" link in my Control Panel I see several forums that indicate there are unread posts that do not indicate the same if I go to the Main Index. That is my gripe about it.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='764401' date='09-Mar-2009 13:07']If I go to the "View Forums" link in my Control Panel I see several forums that indicate there are unread posts that do not indicate the same if I go to the Main Index. That is my gripe about it.

Joe[/quote]
    I had exactly the same experience Joe. I ended up canceling all of my subscriptions. I find it just as easy to locate any new posts from the Main Index.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' date='09-Mar-2009 09:13' post='764348']
    [quote name='HansV' post='764292' date='09-Mar-2009 02:07']
    I've just about given up on the subscription panel.

Joe

I tend to agree with you, Joe. Subscribed forums just isn't the same as "Favorites" or "Watched threads."
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='764401' date='09-Mar-2009 13:07'][/quote]
    Hey Joe, this isn't meant to be argumentative, 'cause like I said, different strokes for different folks.

What's different with me from you, Rebel and Viking is that I hardly ever see a discrepancy in the subscriptions page. When the icon says there are unread posts, there usually ARE unread posts, with the exceptions I mentioned above and they are rare. So, do your thing babies, as Johnny Fever used to be wont to say...