Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows XP SP3
    Office Small Biz 2007

I have Office 2000 and finally decided to move on to Office 2007. Why? Not because Office 2000 is not good but because I started having file compatibility issues with clients. They couldn't always open my files and I couldn't always open theirs. Etc., etc. Plus a general desire to keep up with the world. And from the little I've seen, Office 2007 is nice.

I didn't install Outlook 2007 initially because I wanted to make sure that Office 2007 worked without screwing anything up. It passed that test so I went back to the CD Installer and chose the option to add extra Office components.

When I clicked on Outlook, instead of having a "Run from this computer" option, it just had the red X with no possibility to install it.

What gives? Do I have to uninstall Office 2007 and then re-install with Outlook 2007? Why couldn't I just add it later on?

Thanks very much for any assistance,

David

Thanks
    [quote name='daverap' post='764328' date='09-Mar-2009 07:26'][/quote]

Do you have an earlier version of Outlook currently installed? If so, you'll have to uninstall it first. Then rerun the Office 2007 setup, and when you click on the "Not Available" icon, you should have the option to "Run from my Computer".
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for responding but that's not the solution. After all, I'm using an upgrade CD to upgrade my version of Office.

I ended up uninstalling Office 2007 and then when I reinstalled, I could choose to upgrade to Outlook 2007 even though Outlook 2000 was still installed. In fact, it has to know about the previous installation because it converts the pst file from the old format to the new format and it brings over all the settings so that when you get in to the new version, everything is already in place.

[quote name='Rebel' date='09-Mar-2009 20:43' post='764397']
    [quote name='daverap' post='764328' date='09-Mar-2009 07:26']

Do you have an earlier version of Outlook currently installed? If so, you'll have to uninstall it first. Then rerun the Office 2007 setup, and when you click on the "Not Available" icon, you should have the option to "Run from my Computer".

Thanks
    [quote name='daverap' post='764422' date='09-Mar-2009 14:16'][/quote]

Well actually, it is a solution, but you also found a solution whereby you could migrate your PST and settings to the new version.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions