Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logging on

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    In the "Old" Lounge I was able to be kept logged on if I closed a session in the Lounge. I am quite a busy little bear these days so tend to flit in and out of the Lounge when I have a moment and am having to log on each time. Am I missing a trick here or is the Lounge not offering cookies as before?
    Jerry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Jezza' post='764489' date='09-Mar-2009 23:06']In the "Old" Lounge I was able to be kept logged on if I closed a session in the Lounge. I am quite a busy little bear these days so tend to flit in and out of the Lounge when I have a moment and am having to log on each time. Am I missing a trick here or is the Lounge not offering cookies as before?[/quote]
    I have no problem remaining logged in. The Lounge does use cookies - make sure you allow cookies from wopr.com.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Jezza' post='764489' date='09-Mar-2009 23:06'][/quote]
    Jerry,

If you use the same shortcut as for the old lounge, it will bring you to the new login screen.
    Make a new shortcut with as URL : http://www.wopr.com/index.php?act=idx
    and delete the old one.
    Francois

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Nice one Francois

I had an old link in my favourites, I have a feeling I saved it when we were testing the beta. Never mind all working now
    Jerry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Jezza' post='764494' date='09-Mar-2009 18:34']Nice one Francois[/quote]
    Also, see the post I made ( Post 763760 ) for several other Lounge links you may want to bookmark just in case any of 'em help you get somewhere in here a little faster.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Al

It is taking me a long time getting used to this Lounge. The Who's online link is useful, I just don't find this incarnation at all user friendly. Oh well we use the tools we have.
    Jerry

Thanks
    Amen!
    I seem to be struggling a bit myself. Keep telling myself that it will just take time.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Jezza' post='764498' date='09-Mar-2009 15:51']Thanks Al

It is taking me a long time getting used to this Lounge. The Who's online link is useful, I just don't find this incarnation at all user friendly. Oh well we use the tools we have. [/quote]
    Eileen put a lot of love into crafting the old Lounge and Claude did a sterling job of keeping it alive. At some point, though, even the most comfortable pair of shoes is destined to be replaced by something that needs "breaking in." We're at that stage with the new Lounge, and it isn't just one group, it's all of us, admins included. Once we get used to where things are, it will start to feel more comfortable. The old Lounge was just as revolutionary in its day, believe me.
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='charlotte' post='764526' date='10-Mar-2009 15:26']Eileen put a lot of love into crafting the old Lounge and Claude did a sterling job of keeping it alive. At some point, though, even the most comfortable pair of shoes is destined to be replaced by something that needs "breaking in." We're at that stage with the new Lounge, and it isn't just one group, it's all of us, admins included. Once we get used to where things are, it will start to feel more comfortable. The old Lounge was just as revolutionary in its day, believe me.[/quote]

I would be the last one to complain - I've been using this lounge under a variety of pseudonyms (only because I keep losing my previous login user name and password) since it was first created by Eileen Wharmby and Dave A was still counting the days down to his retirement, and I've benefited enormously. And I'm vividly aware of the amount of time and effort put in gratis by all concerned ...

BUT ...

I cannot see why it was necessary to make a root and branch change to the software with all of the learning curves and angst that it creates when the only problem that existed was that old server was slow.

AND ...

The interface is plain and ugly (and, yes, I've tried all of the permutations offered).

AND ...

Despite the advice given earlier in this thread, I still have to log on every time I visit.

AND ...

Well, I'm not very happy.

Peter B (I've enabled my signature but it seems to have gone missing).

EDIT: (Having now seen my posted posted I see that when it is posted my signature is there but it didn't show when I preview the post).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bambara36a' post='764528' date='10-Mar-2009 06:01'][/quote]
    It was not just the server being slow. The old Lounge had been customized to such a degree that it had become very difficult to maintain. With the new software, management is easier and we'll be able to profit from new versions as they are released.

We hope to provide more attractive skins in the future, but some of the "ugliness" will probably remain.

Make sure that a) you allow cookies from wopr.com, and that you use a link that goes to the main page, not to the login page.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='charlotte' post='764526' date='10-Mar-2009 00:26']Eileen put a lot of love into crafting the old Lounge and Claude did a sterling job of keeping it alive. At some point, though, even the most comfortable pair of shoes is destined to be replaced by something that needs "breaking in." We're at that stage with the new Lounge, and it isn't just one group, it's all of us, admins included. Once we get used to where things are, it will start to feel more comfortable. The old Lounge was just as revolutionary in its day, believe me.[/quote]
    I remember a thread that has lots of info about the history of the Lounge. It is interesting because of the growing pains that were discussed and happiness expressed about the improvements that had been made. KTWolfman's Post 250640 talks about the split frame display, the problems of it and then the evolution to the "then new" lounge.

Now here we are, starting a new "adventure". This place will turn into a unique "home" to us because of the people involved! I've already figured out a way to move through the threads which works for me. There are items that I haven't adjusted to but I'm certain over time, all the quirks that are being experienced will be resolved. I'm sincerely thankful that we have a place to come and ask our questions and usually have answers within a few minutes. Think how amazing that is? In the meantime, I'll also keep learning all the "tricks" this software has to offer! I miss "The Old" but I welcome "The New" and I know that it will evolve as it always does!
    Long live the Lounge!

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='skitterbug' post='764560' date='10-Mar-2009 07:31']... welcome "The New" and I know that it will evolve as it always does![/quote]
    Here, Here! (Or Hear, Hear! - if you prefer... )

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='764491' date='09-Mar-2009 18:13']I have no problem remaining logged in. The Lounge does use cookies - make sure you allow cookies from wopr.com.[/quote]
    I'm also having a similar problem, but it's sporadic. I never log out, and yet some mornings when I turn the computer on, I'll have to log in and other mornings I don't. Even sometimes during the day when I return to the site, I'll have to log in again. Cookies from wopr.com are enabled.

Should I remove all of the current cookies (from wopr.com) and let them be created again?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='Rebel' post='764611' date='10-Mar-2009 10:14'][/quote]

Can't hurt to try that. Corrupted cookies can cause wierd behavior.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='764617' date='10-Mar-2009 11:29']Can't hurt to try that. Corrupted cookies can cause wierd behavior.

Joe[/quote]

Just deleted all wopr cookies. I'll post back after a bit of testing. Thanks Joe.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast