Lounger
    Thanks
    I encountered a problem during the last presentation I created. I have PPT 2007 on my computer. I create the presentation, and save it as a 2003 PPT file for the manager who will actually use it. The paragraphs do not keep their formatting between the two versions. Mine looks correct, but when opened in 2003, the indents and fonts for the paragraphs have changed. Probably a problem with styles, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any ideas?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='hkbell' post='764651' date='10-Mar-2009 17:14']I encountered a problem during the last presentation I created. I have PPT 2007 on my computer. I create the presentation, and save it as a 2003 PPT file for the manager who will actually use it. The paragraphs do not keep their formatting between the two versions. Mine looks correct, but when opened in 2003, the indents and fonts for the paragraphs have changed. Probably a problem with styles, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any ideas?[/quote]

Standard default font in 2007 is Calibri, this may not be on your bosses PC (It's not supplied with 2003)

In 2007 it's possible to have different ruler indents for each paragraph in a text box. In 2003 this cannot be done, could this be the problem?

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnWilson' post='764672' date='10-Mar-2009 19:06']Standard default font in 2007 is Calibri, this may not be on your bosses PC (It's not supplied with 2003)

In 2007 it's possible to have different ruler indents for each paragraph in a text box. In 2003 this cannot be done, could this be the problem?[/quote]

I will check on the Calibri, but I think your second suggestion is correct. The problem paragraphs were on slides containing a bulleted list, followed by a non-bulleted paragraph. The indents were different in the two sections.

Would putting the bulleted list in one text box and the paragraph in a separate one solve the problem?

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='hkbell' post='764811' date='11-Mar-2009 15:13']Would putting the bulleted list in one text box and the paragraph in a separate one solve the problem?[/quote]
    It's worth a try - make a backup copy of the presentation first.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='764829' date='11-Mar-2009 15:29']It's worth a try - make a backup copy of the presentation first.[/quote]
    Thanks for the help, Hans. I believe this is the problem, but I can't test it as everyone with PPT 2003 is not available.