3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have a word document which has 206 pages, however, some of those pages contain only one word and a return. However, some of those words are a continuation from the paragraph above. How do I delete the spaces so it is one continuous paragraph? Below is an example of what is doing:

This is the start of a paragraph
    which
    should continue
    but is broken down like this. But instead
    is broken into
    multiple returns.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Seba' post='764665' date='10-Mar-2009 18:27']Hello,

I have a word document which has 206 pages, however, some of those pages contain only one word and a return. However, some of those words are a continuation from the paragraph above. How do I delete the spaces so it is one continuous paragraph? Below is an example of what is doing:

This is the start of a paragraph
    which
    should continue
    but is broken down like this. But instead
    is broken into
    multiple returns.[/quote]

If you do a search-replace (Ctrl+H) command searching for ^p and replacing it with a single space, it may do what you want.

However, it won't be able to distinguish between intentional paragraph breaks and the continuation cases.

If paragraphs have a double break (blank line) between them, you can do the search replace in 2 stages.
    Firstly, replace ^p^p with an unlikely combination such as #$#
    Then replace the unwanted breaks by replacing ^p with space
    Then restore the intentional paragraph breaks by doing a search replace of #$# with ^p^p

Does that help?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Gfamily' post='764671' date='10-Mar-2009 19:06']If you do a search-replace (Ctrl+H) command searching for ^p and replacing it with a single space, it may do what you want.

However, it won't be able to distinguish between intentional paragraph breaks and the continuation cases.

If paragraphs have a double break (blank line) between them, you can do the search replace in 2 stages.
    Firstly, replace ^p^p with an unlikely combination such as #$#
    Then replace the unwanted breaks by replacing ^p with space
    Then restore the intentional paragraph breaks by doing a search replace of #$# with ^p^p

Does that help?[/quote]

Thanks that did the trick.