Thread: Web Query

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

Is there a way run a web query that takes information in a given cell and then enters it into a search form on a web site, and will then provide data from a specific position in a table in the search results?

For example:

In cell C2, I have the phone number 555-1212
    I need that phone number entered into a search form which is in the 21st field in the web page "www.phonesandaddresses.com"
    The query returns the information for that phone number, and the information I need is in the 3rd field.
    The information needed needs to be copied from there into Cell D2.

I hope I've explained that thoroughly enough. And I'm also using Excel 2007 if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    See Customize a parameter query, in particular the section "Use data from a cell as a parameter value". I don't know if it will work for the site you mention.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='764679' date='10-Mar-2009 20:53']See Customize a parameter query, in particular the section "Use data from a cell as a parameter value". I don't know if it will work for the site you mention.[/quote]
    Unfortunately, that article does not clearly explain how to enable parameters for web queries. I do that here:
    www.jkp-ads.com/articles/webquery.asp
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pieterse' post='764770' date='11-Mar-2009 09:11']I do that here:[/quote]
    Thanks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pieterse' post='764770' date='11-Mar-2009 03:11']Unfortunately, that article does not clearly explain how to enable parameters for web queries. I do that here:
    www.jkp-ads.com/articles/webquery.asp[/quote]

Hey thanks!

That looks to be a very clear explanation. I'll mess around and if I have any questions I will let you know.

Thanks again!