2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a 2003 Microsoft Word memo document that I am merging with an Access Database file. I want the memo to reflect the information in the database field Phone2 however if Phone2 is empty then I want the memo to state "Did not provide alternate info".

I have tried to use the If...then...else but obviously I am not doing something correctly. Any help appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='bbrown5' post='764682' date='10-Mar-2009 21:19']I have a 2003 Microsoft Word memo document that I am merging with an Access Database file. I want the memo to reflect the information in the database field Phone2 however if Phone2 is empty then I want the memo to state "Did not provide alternate info".

I have tried to use the If...then...else but obviously I am not doing something correctly. Any help appreciated.[/quote]
    The easiest solution is to create a query in Access with a field like this:

ThePhone: Nz([Phone2],"Did not provide alternate info")

and use the query as data source.

Another solution would be a field in Word of the form

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Phone2" } = "" "Did not provide alternate info" "{MERGEFIELD "Phone2" }" }

Remember, never type the field braces { } yourself, press Ctrl+F9 to insert them.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='764688' date='10-Mar-2009 21:31']The easiest solution is to create a query in Access with a field like this:

ThePhone: Nz([Phone2],"Did not provide alternate info")

and use the query as data source.

Another solution would be a field in Word of the form

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Phone2" } = "" "Did not provide alternate info" "{MERGEFIELD "Phone2" }" }

Remember, never type the field braces { } yourself, press Ctrl+F9 to insert them.[/quote]

Thanks!!! I was using Phone2 insteadof "Phone2".

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='764688' date='11-Mar-2009 04:31']{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Phone2" } = "" "Did not provide alternate info" "{MERGEFIELD "Phone2" }" }[/quote]

Do you actually need {QUOTE} in this case?
    That's, {QUOTE{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Phone2" } = "" "Did not provide alternate info" "{MERGEFIELD "Phone2" }"}}

Armstrong

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think QUOTE is necessary here.