New Lounger
    Thanks
    Greetings!

I am trying to solve an issue for a colleague of mine; When in Word or Excel 2003 the application will suddenly zoom out to about 10% making the text being typed unreadable. We know how to zoom back in through the View tab.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Brad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Could it be inadvertent use of the mouse wheel? Normally, one uses the mouse wheel to scroll up or down in a document or worksheet.
    But if the Ctrl key is held down, the mouse wheel changes the zoom percentage. So if the user wants to scroll down a fair bit and accidentally holds down Ctrl while giving the mouse wheel a spin, the zoom percentage would quickly decrease to the minimum value of 10%.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='764935' date='11-Mar-2009 16:31']Welcome to the Lounge!

Could it be inadvertent use of the mouse wheel? Normally, one uses the mouse wheel to scroll up or down in a document or worksheet.
    But if the Ctrl key is held down, the mouse wheel changes the zoom percentage.[/quote]

Hans, thank you for the welcome! I do not think the Ctrl key and mouse wheel shortcut is the culprit, but I cannot be sure so I will check it out.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Brad