New Lounger
    Thanks
    Some of my hyperlinks seem to contain more path information than I'm providing.

For instance in the Edit Hyperlink box on the broken link, I'm specifying "../Ref Standards/NOG 1.pdf".

Yet when I create a pps file and run the show and hove my mouse over the link, it displays the entire path:

"\\SSEA0000\Groups\Projects\AP100 - Technology Transfer\EE CD/CS800/Ref Standards/NOG 1.pdf"

I'm trying to figure out some way of forcing the hyperlink to truly be relative, so it will work when the presentation is on a removable media.

I'm guessing that by typing in the relative path using a different syntax (perhaps using back slashes??) instead of just navigating to the location and letting PowerPoint provide the path, it might fix the problem.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The tooltip that you see when you hover the mouse pointer over the hyperlink shows the absolute path, because PowerPoint (or Windows) evaluates the relative path. But the hyperlink should still store the relative path. You can check this by moving the presentation to a different folder (or drive) and viewing the tooltip.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='765041' date='12-Mar-2009 15:50']The tooltip that you see when you hover the mouse pointer over the hyperlink shows the absolute path, because PowerPoint (or Windows) evaluates the relative path. But the hyperlink should still store the relative path. You can check this by moving the presentation to a different folder (or drive) and viewing the tooltip.[/quote]

Ah, that explains things a bit. However, when I transfer the presentation to a removable media, the tooltip displays:

"F:\EE CD/CS800/Ref Standards/NOG1.pdf"

The directory EE CD does not exist on the removable media, so the link fails.

I've been creating the presentations in a folder named "EE CD," then when they're complete, I copy them to a folder named "CD Burn Folder."

I copy the entire contents of that folder to a removable media, and all seems to work well except for this one link. I've tried removing the link entirely, and reinserting it to no avail. I also tried typing in back slashes instead of forward slashes, they get re-replaced when I save the link.

Perhaps I'll try the "copy all slides into another presentation" trick next. It is just this one link (out of about 50) that is causing me grief.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The only method that is completely dependable is to place all linked files in the same folder as the presentation, and to create the hyperlinks anew.