3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I work with a spreadsheet at the office that for some reason, I can't scroll or go beyond certain rows and columns. It doesn't appear to have passwords since all of the functions are available. I've never seen this before so don't know what's going on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Louise

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Perhaps all columns to the right of the last visible column have been hidden, and ditto for all rows below the last visible one.

Try the following:
    - Click the button to the left of the column headers and above the row headers; this selects all cells.
    - Select Format | Column | Unhide.
    - Select Formar | Row | Unhide.

Post back if that doesn't help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    One possibility is that someone has used Freeze Panes in an unhelpful way. Have a look at the Window Menu and if Unfreeze Panes is an option then select it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans,

That didn't work. For some reason, clicking on that block doesn't do anything.
    Louise

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi StuartR

Sorry but that didn't work either. I'll delete the info and try to attach.

Thanks
    Louise

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you look at the Tools | Protection submenu, is the first item 'Protect sheet' or 'Unprotect sheet'?

In an unprotected sheet, it's possible to use VBA to limit the range in which users can work - does the workbook contain VBA code?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans,
    1. It is "Protect Sheet".

2. As far as VBA code, don't know.

I tried deleted some rows to make the spreadsheet smaller, but it wouldn't let me do that either. The smallest Zip size is 463KB which I believe is larger than forum allows.
    Louise

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can attach larger files in the "new" Lounge.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='765175' date='12-Mar-2009 20:00']You can attach larger files in the "new" Lounge.[/quote]

Thanks Hans. [Off topic] Actually this is my first visit to the new lounge. Still learning how to navigate. Not sure how to reply to the post anymore. If I hit "reply", it appears to to quote the previous post. If I hit reply from the top of the post, then it seems ok but I'm not sure if it's going as a reply to you for example.

Here's the spreadsheet.

Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Louise

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There is so much VBA code in this workbook that it is going to take a while to work out what it all does!

If you set your Macro security to high then it will open without running the Workbook_Open macro, and then you can scroll as you like, but it does have Freeze Panes set to keep the top rows in view.

The first couple of lines in the Workbook_Open macro are
    Code:
    Worksheets("P.O.Template").ScrollArea = ("B1:M43")
     Sheet1.ScrollArea = ("A1:CB62")
    and the help for ScrollArea says
    ScrollArea Property
    Returns or sets the range where scrolling is allowed, as an A1-style range reference. Cells outside the scroll area cannot be selected. Read/write String.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The workbook does contain VBA code (lots of it). The Workbook_Open event procedure that is executed when the workbook is opened contains this line:

Sheet1.ScrollArea = ("A1:CB62")

This limits the area in which you can work to the range A1:CB62. Remove the line or make it into a comment if you want to be able to get to all cells (or disable macros).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you click the Reply button in a post, you'll reply to that particular post. That post will be quoted in your reply, but you can remove it if you wish.
    If you click the ADD REPLY button at the bottom of the topic (thread), you'll reply to the topic in general, without quoting it. But the Loungers who frequently help others will see your reply anyway because they read the entire thread, not just replies directed at them personally.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Gentlemen! Since this spreadsheet was created at the Corporate level, I guess I won't mess with it too much

Thanks again!
    Louise