Lounger
    Thanks

Expression String Fields (Office97)

Using the long expression below I am able to produce results for Level 1, Level 2, etc. This returns a network based file directory structure, hence the "" (back-slash) mark. I am trying to code a method where the "" will not show up in the control box, if there is no returned data in that various string. There is always a Level 1, Level 2 80% of the time, and then the percentage drops with each level as to whether or not there is a value for the particular level.

Any ideas on how not to end up with something that looks like: DrawingsNew Model , instead of DrawingsNew Model?

As always thanks in advance for the help.

=[Level 1] & " " & [Level 2] & " " & [Level 3] & " " & [Level 4] & " " & [Level 5] & " " & [Level 6] & " " & [Level 7]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Expression String Fields (Office97)

I'm not sure I understand, but try this:

=[Level 1] & (" " + [Level 2]) & (" " + [Level 3]) & (" " + [Level 4]) & (" " + [Level 5]) & (" " + [Level 6]) & (" " + [Level 7])

Using the + returns a null for the whole expression in parens if there is no value in [Level n]. You can concatenate a Null to a string without any problems.
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Expression String Fields (Office97)

I guess you did understand cause what you provided works great. Thanks Charlotte.