5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Morning all

My Company has decided that they want one of these 3 page long disclaimers and save the earth statements on all outgoing emails. They want this at server level because people like me refuse to volunterily put them on at PC level.

Can anybody recommend any software that they may be using to accomplish this.
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='765215' date='13-Mar-2009 11:15']Can anybody recommend any software that they may be using to accomplish this.[/quote]
    I can't recommend any 3rd party software as our mailserver has this ability built in.

If you are using Exchange, this article may help: How can I add a disclaimer to each outgoing mail at server level?.

You may wish to forward on to your powers-that-be any of the many stupid disclaimer links that Google offers, such as this one

Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='765215' date='13-Mar-2009 11:15']Can anybody recommend any software that they may be using to accomplish this.[/quote]
    Putting our company information at the bottom of emails (as required by the (UK) Companies Act for at least the last year) but certainly no fatuous or pratulent disclaimers, is just one component of our Noble British antispam software Hexamail Guard. It might be a bit much buying it just to waste electrons in adding disclaimers, though? (Of course, if they were made Very Funny, it might encourage people to do business with you. Otherwise, otherwise...)

PS I know of a one-man company who puts a 'disclaimer' at the bottom of his emails purporting to make a contract with you by which the mere reading of the email binds you against using his email address subsequently for spam purposes! About as valuable as any other disclaimer, methinks...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='765215' date='13-Mar-2009 06:15'][/quote]

It all depends on your e-mail server software. We run Exchange 2007 and use Email Security Software Antispam Software - Malware Protection Ninja Email Security. It is relatively inexpensive and seems to do a fairly good job.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='765215' date='13-Mar-2009 07:15'][/quote]
    Well, you've gotten a couple of legit tips and suggestions, so I'll throw this one in for FUN. It's an old one I picked up somewhere in The Lounge I think:

[attachment=82845isclaimer.rtf]
    Attached Files Attached Files