3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently received an automatic update from Microsoft, their so called "Genuine Advantage Validation" for Office. I have a genuine copy of Office 2002 (XP) that was activated when I bought the software, yet the "nag" is still sitting in my Systray (a blue star) and every time any of the Office applications are started, it pops up excusing itself for the interruption and suggests that Office should be activated. The activation then promptly fails and I am presented with various options including buying a genuine copy of Office.

I have tried to re-activate each of the Office modules, hoping to get rid of this "nag" in my Systray, only to be advised that each of the modules have already been activated (which they have).

I would be very grateful if someone could please tell me how to get rid of this "nag" in my Systray.

Thanks
    [quote name='useful' post='765217' date='13-Mar-2009 11:36']I would be very grateful if someone could please tell me how to get rid of this "nag" in my Systray.[/quote]
    Probably the only practical way would be to ring up your local Mircosoft office and explain all this to a techie...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='765218' date='13-Mar-2009 12:52']Probably the only practical way would be to ring up your local Mircosoft office and explain all this to a techie...[/quote]

Thanks for the response BATcher ... this solution worked for me:

1. Delete C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\data.dat
    2. Open Word and activate it.
    3. Run Office Validation:
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Va...displaylang=eng

Thanks
    I'm glad you fixed it - but rather surprised that what you did worked! You live and learn...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...