Lounger
    Thanks
    I am typing in a large amount of data from old books that can't be scanned and use OCR effectively as the font is one that was used in the 1700's. Also, the letter "s" in the book is indistinguishable from "f"

In any case, there are a lot of recurring words that I would like to have shortcuts that require the fewest amount of keystrokes to enter.

For example, the following words occur with great frequency:

Saviour
    Jewish
    christian
    Sabbath
    providence

What is the simplest way to handle this?

Thomas Cox

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Your best bet is AutoCorrect.
    Armstrong

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='armsys' post='765346' date='14-Mar-2009 02:00']Your best bet is AutoCorrect.
    Armstrong[/quote]
    Have you thought about DragonNaturally Speaking? You know, the one you speak into. It really works like they say, approximately 95% of the time, I can say that I can get to 97-98% of the words I say to translate correctly. It really helps me a lot.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='vgarrim' post='765855' date='18-Mar-2009 01:45']Have you thought about DragonNaturally Speaking? You know, the one you speak into. It really works like they say, approximately 95% of the time, I can say that I can get to 97-98% of the words I say to translate correctly. It really helps me a lot.[/quote]
    Hi Vgarrim,
    Thanks for sharing your user experience with us. My primary focus for the time being is more inclined toward document automation and document management.
    Thanks for your input.
    Armstrong

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What I would do is to create a list of of abbreviations and then use the find/replace feature in Word. I would use a caracter to distinguish the words so that the find/replace does not replace a part word. For example:

Jesus = jss
    Jesus Christ = jcc
    Salvation = sall
    Justification = justt
    Santification = santt
    Saviour = savv
    Jewish = jeww
    christian = chriss
    Sabbath = sabb
    providence = provv

Use any end caracter that is comfortable for you. or use a caracter like * or /, etc., just be consistent.

Hope this helps.